I think I'm turning XCd

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
FourthCoast
Ski style: 40-Year-Old Poser

Re: I think I'm turning XCd

Post by FourthCoast » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:57 am

Al,

It looks great to have such a long ski season. Especially now when there is actually enough daylight to enjoy a full day.
Sometimes I think I need to get out of the great lakes and move to the mountains so I can ski all the time. But then in the summer I think I should move to the ocean so I can sail all the time. I guess I am happy here with a short skiing season and a short sailing season.

I know you are a committed 75mm T4 guy, Al. This next part might not interest you!

I got my NNN BC Alpina Alaskas today. They feel really good standing on the skis on the carpet. I expect I will have much better edge and rotary control compared to the whitewoods 75mm boots.

I am surprised that there is so much rocker on the sole of these brand new boots. I expected the heel of the boot to rest on the heel plate of the binding with just the boot and ski sitting on the floor. The boot heel sits about 1 inch off the heel plate.

Does anyone know if this is normal and expected?

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:20 am

Mine did the same. I don't have a ruler out for exact measurements, but I click in and the heel is off the pad.

FourthCoast
Ski style: 40-Year-Old Poser

Post by FourthCoast » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:34 am

Woodserson wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:20 am
Mine did the same. I don't have a ruler out for exact measurements, but I click in and the heel is off the pad.
Thanks for the quick response, Mr. Woods. It is reassuring to know that I have a normal boot!