Morrow liners in Excursions? Anyone tried 'em?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Morrow liners in Excursions? Anyone tried 'em?

Post by phoenix » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:11 am

I've been enjoying my Excursions for a few years now, and plan on staying with them for a long time. Mine have the non-moldable liners, which are warm and comfy... and really heavy. I actually prefer the liner to a moldable in some ways, as they don't pack out nearly as quickly, and the boot is already extra roomy for me.
Question is for anyone who's skied the Morrows; I'm wondering about the thickness... don't want any more volume than I already have.

I'm not a fan of the "heat them so they will expand" theory commonly in vogue; this just lessens the density and and accelerates the breakdown; I've preferred, in most cases, to just ski various Intuitions as is, and let them conform as necessary with normal wear.

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Re: Morrow liners in Excursions? Anyone tried 'em?

Post by bgregoire » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:35 am

Not wure what the acutal question is but yes I occasionnally ski the Excursions with Morrow liners. I have the pro tour intuition liner too, and its a better liner, but the price difference is huge.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:54 am

I have a pair of Morrow liners in my T4. Much better than the stock ones... Light!
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:00 pm

I just tried them in my Ex — which have a Garmont G-fit thermo liner... It fits fine. A little snug since the liner has more volume. Not bad at all...

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Post by phoenix » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:06 pm

Rodbelan, do you mean the fit is a little more snug with the Morrow's? If so, that would work well for me.

Bgreg, the question is, basically, how the fit with the Morrow's compares with the git with the original liners. I know the Intuition's are a higher quality, and offer more options, but the price difference, as you say, is an issue for me.

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:15 pm

phoenix wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:06 pm
Bgreg, the question is, basically, how the fit with the Morrow's compares with the git with the original liners. I know the Intuition's are a higher quality, and offer more options, but the price difference, as you say, is an issue for me.
Fit is a very personal question. I can say that I could never fit my foot in an excursion/t4 shell of my size with the OG non-thermo liners. Thermomolding makes skiing these a possibility and its comfy as well!
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:36 pm

phoenix wrote:
Rodbelan, do you mean the fit is a little more snug with the Morrow's? If so, that would work well for me.

Yes...

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:39 pm

bgregoire wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:15 pm
phoenix wrote:
Fit is a very personal question. I can say that I could never fit my foot in an excursion/t4 shell of my size with the OG non-thermo liners. Thermomolding makes skiing these a possibility and its comfy as well!
Ben, if I remember you did have 2 Morrows? And did you skied em yesterday? Ah, I'm all mixed up...

Shenanagains

Post by Shenanagains » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:30 pm

My Excursions needed moldable liners to fit my feet at all. I had a pair of older wrap type liners from unknown Scarpa AT boots handy, so used them, trying to avoid the cost of brand new ones.

Those liners REALLY stiffen the boots up, and the forward lean angle is awkward.

I've been gradually fiddling with them, removing stiffening material on the outside of the liner. So far, I'm not really happy with them. I may shorten the liners if all else fails, but my sewing skills are holding me back.

Just posting this here as a reference; wrap style liners really don't play well with the Excursion.

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:14 pm

Rodbelan wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:39 pm
Ben, if I remember you did have 2 Morrows? And did you skied em yesterday? Ah, I'm all mixed up...
:D RB, have you been drinking too much tea again?