Look mom what I found !

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
FrenchFred
Ski style: Cross Country Downhill - Mainly downhill
Favorite Skis: FT62, K2 Backlite 74
Favorite boots: Alaska NNNBC, Alpha Free XP

Look mom what I found !

Post by FrenchFred » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:41 pm

Hy guys
I found these babies for 50€...
IMG_20210310_182503.jpg
I would like to mount them, on V6 or Kom... For YoYo skiing with my Excursion.
Is there anybody who have an opinion about the waxless base (scales under foot) on the groomed piste in the resort ?
Sometimes you need to ski on the groomed to get pow !
All the best for you.
Fred

FrenchFred
Ski style: Cross Country Downhill - Mainly downhill
Favorite Skis: FT62, K2 Backlite 74
Favorite boots: Alaska NNNBC, Alpha Free XP

Re: Look mom what I found !

Post by FrenchFred » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:17 pm

There is also the Tidan 86 from Asnes...

Nitram Tocrut
Ski style: Backyard XC skiing if that is a thing
Favorite Skis: Sverdrup and MT51
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska NNNBC

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:40 pm

FrenchFred wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:17 pm
There is also the Tidan 86 from Asnes...
Act fast if you want a Tindan. It’s not in next year Åsnes catalogue.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:21 pm

FrenchFred wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:41 pm
Hy guys
I found these babies for 50€...
IMG_20210310_182503.jpg
I would like to mount them, on V6 or Kom... For YoYo skiing with my Excursion.
Is there anybody who have an opinion about the waxless base (scales under foot) on the groomed piste in the resort ?
Sometimes you need to ski on the groomed to get pow !
All the best for you.
Fred
Did you ever use a clothes pin to hold a baseball card in your bicycle spokes? I was a thing when I was a kid. After five minutes the charm was over for me.

martin2007

Post by martin2007 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:47 pm

The hardwires look like a good find!
As for scales on ski bases on groomed runs, or on any runs at a lift-served resort, I don't recommend them. You'll descend slower and noisier than everyone else. There's no reason to use them at a resort, except if you don't have other skis.
Là, vous habitez une belle ville bien située pour le ski. Il y a peu de Français sur le site, Fred, alors, je profite de l'occasion pour vous souhaiter la bienvenue. Is skiing in the Alpes still going strong or is it starting to wind down?

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Post by phoenix » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:57 pm

"Did you ever use a clothes pin to hold a baseball card in your bicycle spokes? I was a thing when I was a kid. After five minutes the charm was over for me."

This may not need explaining, but if it does: What Fisheater means is that the scales are noisy on piste, and they are a bit slow, especially on gentle hills. This may be OK once in a while, just to try,but I don't know of anyone who would use a waxless ski regularly on piste.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:39 pm

Kom & Tindan two very different skis...

Tindan is a very real, real strong, Randonée ski in the Euro Tradition. A total corn/firm snow powerhouse of a ski. I can't believe how good it is. Big write up at end of spring, now for nothing since dropped from the line. This is a ski I can trust to the end of the world and back. And mounted at BP per Asnes instructions, putting me waay back but boy did they nail it. It's a Tele Ski, marketed to the AT crowd, but I know who it was designed for. Begs for strong boots and strong bindings and above-treeline steep terrain. More for firmer snow, but handles soft just fine with the huge rocker up front. My mistake was getting it too long last year, in the 187. Too much ski for my weight. The 176 is a bit short for me but I can bend it. I can't believe they axed it.

The KOM is fun and gentle and playful and does a lot very well. More for soft snow. Doesn't like firm snow.

Nitram Tocrut

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:31 pm

Woodserson wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:39 pm
Kom & Tindan two very different skis...

Tindan is a very real, real strong, Randonée ski in the Euro Tradition. A total corn/firm snow powerhouse of a ski. I can't believe how good it is. Big write up at end of spring, now for nothing since dropped from the line. This is a ski I can trust to the end of the world and back. And mounted at BP per Asnes instructions, putting me waay back but boy did they nail it. It's a Tele Ski, marketed to the AT crowd, but I know who it was designed for. Begs for strong boots and strong bindings and above-treeline steep terrain. More for firmer snow, but handles soft just fine with the huge rocker up front. My mistake was getting it too long last year, in the 187. Too much ski for my weight. The 176 is a bit short for me but I can bend it. I can't believe they axed it.

The KOM is fun and gentle and playful and does a lot very well. More for soft snow. Doesn't like firm snow.
Wow! Did not know you liked them so much! We did not read a lot about the Tindan as it does not seem to be very popular... maybe that is why it got axed?! Can you compare it to the Objectives? I wonder how you like them on flatter sections? I know they are not XC ski but I am pretty sure they outclass the Objectives for the « XC » part... They seem to be a quite versatile ski? So @Åsnes1922 why did you guys axed it?

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:10 am

Nitram Tocrut wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:31 pm
I know they are not XC ski but I am pretty sure they outclass the Objectives for the « XC » part... They seem to be a quite versatile ski?
???
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Nitram Tocrut

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:30 am

bgregoire wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:10 am
Nitram Tocrut wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:31 pm
I know they are not XC ski but I am pretty sure they outclass the Objectives for the « XC » part... They seem to be a quite versatile ski?
???
I must admit this sentence was not really clear :? Must have wrote it under the effect of my last concussion as I am still not admitting that I really « suck » at turning skis whatever the skis i try... maybe i should listen to my son and just ski flat groomed tracks... and really keep away from any slopes with the slightest tiny tree :lol: