Gear Basket

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt
XCD Pinhead
XCD Pinhead

Re: Gear Basket

Post by greatgt » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:33 am

Raab is to Alpine for my way thinking.....The ft 62 while on the wide side could be a deep snow ski....Most of my skis are skinny but do have a set of old time Noodles that are decent for bottomless snow....But.....cruising and going up hill is daunting.....If powder is consolidated hopefully the 109's will suffice...Oh...just remembered the rebounds have a metal extended edge up front....Gotta file that off and See if they make it another year. Reverse the pins.... ft could be my Alpine ski if I ever go to an Alpine area again....BC is just to good....TM

greatgt
XCD Pinhead
XCD Pinhead

Post by greatgt » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:38 am

And thanks NT for the information....Will try to get Telekid's phone and see what is what....I had a set of Fischer Boundless with a tip if 96....At 179 way to short which then became telekid's skis.....However the 188 FT sounds just about right...TM

Woodserson
XCD KNIGHT
XCD KNIGHT
Ski style: Bumps, trees, and steeps and long woodsy XC tours
Favorite Skis: DH: Voile Objective and V6, Altai KOMs, XC: Gamme 54, Classy Woodies
Favorite boots: T4, Alaska

Post by Woodserson » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:58 am

greatgt wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:38 am
And thanks NT for the information....Will try to get Telekid's phone and see what is what....I had a set of Fischer Boundless with a tip if 96....At 179 way to short which then became telekid's skis.....However the 188 FT sounds just about right...TM
Sport Albert in Germany has the FT62 for sale with last year's graphics.

https://www.sportalbert.de/asnes-falket ... =M%7cAsnes

It came to $456.63 INCLUDING shipping to the States a few weeks ago.

fisheater
XCD Guide
XCD Guide

Post by fisheater » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:43 am

Woods, that is a great price on the FT 62.

Teleman, the price that Woods posted above is a really good price. If it's beyond your budget, maybe you could find a pair of those Fischer 88's guys were posting end of the season last year? They were getting them I 199 or 200cm. Not exactly the same, but you gotta have money for beer after a good ski!

bgregoire
XCD KNIGHT
XCD KNIGHT
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99, Åsnes Ingstad & Cecilie, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:16 pm

Cheap Asnes-45-NATO-kick-Skins.
These would be synthetic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asnes-45-NATO- ... SwudZdXV47
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM