Powder Touring Ski? Voile Hyper V6 BC?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
NMskier
Ski style: Nordic XCd
Favorite Skis: Fischer E109 xtralite
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaskas

Re: Powder Touring Ski? Voile Hyper V6 BC?

Post by NMskier » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:59 pm

My choice: Ultravectors mounted with Meidjo 3 and Scarpa TX pro. I have been having fun with this set up during spring New Mexico conditions. Im sure they would work great in Colorado too. The waxes pattern works great for my local conditions. I got the Ultravectors from Telemark-pyrenees in France. Good luck!
Skiing Fischer e109 and Åsnes Ingstad BC

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Post by phoenix » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:41 pm

Hey Al, I'm curious as to what bindings your wife has on the V6's? I recently acquired a pair with Axl's on 'em, and plan on replacing those with a lighter, "less active" option... may well go retro to something like the Riva's.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:03 am

phoenix wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:41 pm
Hey Al, I'm curious as to what bindings your wife has on the V6's? I recently acquired a pair with Axl's on 'em, and plan on replacing those with a lighter, "less active" option... may well go retro to something like the Riva's.
She has switchbacks on them and rivas on risers on her vectors. She likes them both. Chilis are also good, if you can find some.