All Mountain Telemark ski..?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
PatNTN

All Mountain Telemark ski..?

Post by PatNTN » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:49 pm

Hi! I'm in search of an all mountain telemark ski that I will mount NTN. Probably with the new M Equipment bindings, I haven't decided yet..

A ski that can really do it all. I like to go into the park, I like to carve on fast groomers, powder, moguls, spring skiing, slack country, back country etc... I want it twin tip, fairly light and not to wide, under 100mm underfoot...

Any suggestion? I looked at Freeskier review and the Blizzard Regulator seem to be a very good option. Anybody ride this ski telemark?

Pat

Dongshow

Re: All Mountain Telemark ski..?

Post by Dongshow » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:05 pm

Fischer Big Stix 100.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:37 am

Welcome to TT Pat!

If there was such a ski, we all would be using it and it would be the end of the ski industry.

What you really need is 6 different pairs of skis, one for each of the tasks you mentioned. (Which also means you need 6 pairs of Meidjos, a 4000$ investment... 8-) )
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Dirtbag

Post by Dirtbag » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:01 pm

K2 Kung Fujas. As close as ever come to the perfect do it all tele ski. Just a touch heavy for touring but rips everything else and makes it easy. My 188's feel like 175's. Float my big carcass on the deepest days, quick edge to edge and rip hard groomers. Cheap too.

axebiker

Post by axebiker » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:00 pm

Give the Volkl Bridge a look.

teleTay

Post by teleTay » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 pm

I think that the nordica soul rider completes the "one ski quiver" pretty nicely.

early rise tip and tail, normal camber under foot, soft playful ski, about 100 underfoot

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:03 am

Where are you? East or west? That can change my suggestion a lot...

I would not go too wide... That's a pain on the groomers—I mean skiable, but not as fun as a quick edge to edge ski.
Blizzard Latigo. Not exactly a twin tip though. But it is a ski that seems to fit in a lot of your categories...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

Ant01ne

Post by Ant01ne » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:38 am

Speaking of width, is there a general critical point for allowing a good carve and still being able to float on pow?
I guess there's also the height of the binding that adds to the equation? The lever principle in physics..

Is it the size underfoot that matters most?
How about the tip width?

..How to avoid the 6 pairs of skis.. ? But I like the point of keeping the ski industry alive.

(I've tried the 2013 soulrider this winter. It felt very unstable on hard pack because of the early rise. With the body weight, it almost goes reverse camber. Had to keep it on edges to stay in control. Must be fun in soft terrain and park though.)

hoodoo65

Post by hoodoo65 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:15 pm

I LOVE my Dynastar 6th Sense Slicer

PatNTN

Post by PatNTN » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:18 am

What do you guys think of the Blizzard Regulator? Anybody tried it or think it could be a good choice to mount tele..?

They where highly rated and appreciated by the testers, an editor's pick, as an all around ski on freeskier.com...