Just bought leather asolo snowfields. Ski and binding rec?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
easyjim

Re: Just bought leather asolo snowfields. Ski and binding rec?

Post by easyjim » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:39 pm

So I bought skis and bindings (madshus and rottefella). The boots seemed perfect until ..... The sole of my vibram boot came off the first time being clamped in the binding. The stitching is all intact but the sole came straight off guessing it's the glue. These were obviously older boots but in excellent shape and the lady I bought some from said her son never really used them. Is it worth gluing the sole back on or taking these to a cobbler? I would want to get both of these reglued because if one of them is this bad I haven't even put the other one in the binding and can't imagine it will last long. The viram soles are like new. I spent 50 bucks on the boots plus 15 bucks shipping. I just bought a new ski set up to fit this boot so that's where I'm in the hole. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on these boots and I'll see what the cobbler costs if that's the step I have to take but would rather invest in a newer pair of boots that will last me a long time then to spend a bunch of money fixing these up. I'll post pictures shortly

easyjim

Post by easyjim » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:47 pm

Here are the pictures
PXL_20221201_234516806.jpg
PXL_20221201_234505259.jpg
PXL_20221201_234450693.jpg

easyjim

Post by easyjim » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:11 pm

Hoping a cobbler can just take of the soles and reglue them.

Chisana
Ski style: Sliding on snow
Favorite Skis: EMS Woodies
Favorite boots: Merrell ultras

Post by Chisana » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:36 pm

Had a pair of snowfields resoled by Dave the cobbler in Seattle a few years ago. Seems like it cost about $115-125. Those uppers look good and well worth repair. Great boot, like them almost as much as my merrel ultras.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:11 am

Merril Ultra's......'Wagh!.....Awesome boot....have a set of Merril leathers with no nothing on them than Merril.....Wicked flexible....glove on your feet and lower leg....My go to boot.....TM