Pictures, pictures and pictures!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
randoskier
Ski style: awkward
Favorite Skis: snow skis
Favorite boots: go-go

Re: Pictures, pictures and pictures!

Post by randoskier » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:19 am

Nice!! I love the Shulzhytta! Great ambiance! The Swedish X-markers drive me crazy- they are even uglier in the summer time. Tour suggestion: a great tour where you will see almost nobody is just north of Sylan- ski from Meråker (or Storlien) to Snåsa using DNT cabins plus the two fjellgård (Gjefsjo and Gaundalen) who have beds, the third fjellgård Holden no longer farms- it has a great DNT cabin on it though. You have a rail-line station at both ends of this tour. Beautiful country!

randoskier

Post by randoskier » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:21 am

CwmRaider wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:59 am
Here some norway fjellski tour pictures of the Sylan massif, 1.5 hours drive from Trondheim.
Nice!! I love the Shulzhytta! Great ambiance! The Swedish X-markers drive me crazy- they are even uglier in the summer time. Tour suggestion: a great tour where you will see almost nobody is just north of Sylan- ski from Meråker (or Storlien) to Snåsa using DNT cabins plus the two fjellgård (Gjefsjo and Gaundalen) who have beds, the third fjellgård Holden no longer farms- it has a great DNT cabin on it though. You have a rail-line station at both ends of this tour. Beautiful country!

randoskier

Post by randoskier » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:25 am

Jurassien wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:43 am
For those of us who can’t get enough of Norway (and I would be one of those),
Norway is the most beautiful place on Earth...and I live in the foothills of the Dolomites. Best Nordic ski touring too. Not so good at producing stand-up comedians

Chriso

Post by Chriso » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:12 pm

Snapchat-1966414167.jpg
Today's goal Larsklumpen" 992 msl
Snapchat-592134379.jpg
Testing the Rabb in all conditions, today was chalanging. Icy breakable crust over powder in the lowlands. A mix of windblown ice and hardpacked driftsnow and chatter higher up
Snapchat-318834260.jpg
Had to dig in to get some shielding from the heavy wind
Snapchat-1471606022.jpg
Wind, snow and sun combined makes magic
Snapchat-2097710708.jpg
@ the summit
Snapchat-2106943980.jpg
Due to the conditions moust of the trip down was plowing and straightlining. I think plastic boots and heavy duty gear was required today to be able to make any atemt of teleturns
Snapchat-583640084.jpg
The light crust in the lowlands had turned to nightmare icy on the way down
Snapchat-230914388.jpg
Recuperation
Norway, Trøndelag
Gamme 54
Rabb 68

Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Post by Musk Ox » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:43 am

Chriso wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:12 pm

Snip
Lovely – jealous!

Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Post by Montana St Alum » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:35 am

Deer Valley on President's Day weekend, Saturday. Where is everyone?
It's been a pretty good year. I think Snowbird is up to 389" YTD. February has been the 4th biggest on record.
20240217_115017 resize.jpg
20240217_121145 resize.jpg

Erik H
Ski style: Resort Tele, Nordic Backcountry/XCD, and skate
Favorite Skis: Fischer Adventure 62
Favorite boots: Salomon NNN combi boots

Post by Erik H » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:55 pm

Found some nice corn snow near home today and did a ton of runs on it, it was a nice surprise
Screenshot_20240223-175421.png

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:38 pm

This is the kind of terrain that attracted me to freeheel skiing, love the micro terrains. Makes it so much easier get skiing in when I only have a couple hours, haven't touched my AT gear in a while now. Great video,looks like fun

Jurassien
Ski style: Nordic touring; Alpine touring
Favorite Skis: Too many!

Post by Jurassien » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:40 pm

Some more pics from last season in Norway. All of this series are from Skarvheimen mountain range, north of Hardangervidda and south of Jotunheimen. The forecast gave a 5-day window of high pressure, but they were pretty certain that it would break down after the 5 days. The traverse would normally take 7.5 days if you stay at each hut on the way, so I made early starts to squeeze the 7.5 into 5.

Evening view southwards from Geiterygghytta DNT. Two of the approach routes can be seen clearly.
Geiterygg S #1.jpg
Heading northwards next day. Morning light creeps over the mountains to the west of the route.
Alpenglow.jpg
Further north into the Skarvheim range and approaching Kongshelleren DNT. There are always at least two huts in case one burns down in a storm (seriously!). Arrived at 09:30 and went in for a nibble.
Six weeks previous to this, and just 3km short of here, I had an irreparable binding failure (reported on the forum) and walked the 9km back to Geiterygghytta. I had to cut short the tour and fly home.
Approaching Kongshelleren.jpg
At the top of the descent into Iungsdalen.
Descent into Iungsdalen.jpg
Upper Iungsdalen: the two private cabins at Gamlestølen in deep hibernation.
Gamlestølen.jpg
HUT AHOY!!!.....as Iungsdalshytta DNT comes into view. The guardian was out sunning herself on the south side of the building, but she heard it in spite of the distance. She ran round the back to see what was going on and was reassured to see a somewhat familiar figure coming haring down the slope towards the hut. On greeting me she smiled and rolled her eyes as if to say “I thought it might be you, you daft bugger!”. (They know me here).
HUT AHOY!!!.jpg
Slipping away from Iungsdalshytta at 05:45. The hut is still fast asleep – the lights in the windows are reflected sunlight. I’m moving out early today as I have a 10-hour day ahead of me – albeit with a unusually generous 2-hour lunch break.
Dep. Iungsdalshytta.jpg

randoskier

Post by randoskier » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:02 pm

Jurassien wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:40 pm
Some more pics from last season in Norway. All of this series are from Skarvheimen mountain range, north of Hardangervidda and south of Jotunheimen. The forecast gave a 5-day window of high pressure, but they were pretty certain that it would break down after the 5 days. The traverse would normally take 7.5 days if you stay at each hut on the way, so I made early starts to squeeze the 7.5 into 5.

Evening view southwards from Geiterygghytta DNT. Two of the approach routes can be seen clearly.
Geiterygg S #1.jpg

Heading northwards next day. Morning light creeps over the mountains to the west of the route.
Alpenglow.jpg

Further north into the Skarvheim range and approaching Kongshelleren DNT. There are always at least two huts in case one burns down in a storm (seriously!). Arrived at 09:30 and went in for a nibble.
Six weeks previous to this, and just 3km short of here, I had an irreparable binding failure (reported on the forum) and walked the 9km back to Geiterygghytta. I had to cut short the tour and fly home.
Approaching Kongshelleren.jpg

At the top of the descent into Iungsdalen.
Descent into Iungsdalen.jpg

Upper Iungsdalen: the two private cabins at Gamlestølen in deep hibernation.
Gamlestølen.jpg

HUT AHOY!!!.....as Iungsdalshytta DNT comes into view. The guardian was out sunning herself on the south side of the building, but she heard it in spite of the distance. She ran round the back to see what was going on and was reassured to see a somewhat familiar figure coming haring down the slope towards the hut. On greeting me she smiled and rolled her eyes as if to say “I thought it might be you, you daft bugger!”. (They know me here).
HUT AHOY!!!.jpg

Slipping away from Iungsdalshytta at 05:45. The hut is still fast asleep – the lights in the windows are reflected sunlight. I’m moving out early today as I have a 10-hour day ahead of me – albeit with a unusually generous 2-hour lunch break.
Dep. Iungsdalshytta.jpg
Only problem with the Norwegian huts/cabins is- the beer is over-priced and over-weak. They have the best hut system in the world.