Objective BC skin tail affixion method?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
mikesee
Ski style: Tours for turns

Objective BC skin tail affixion method?

Post by mikesee » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:36 pm

Whaddya got?

The tips on the OB/BC's have that perfect little slot, but the tails are rounded and smooth and no matter what I do my tail hook/loop wants to slip off.

What's your solution?

jalp

Re: Objective BC skin tail affixion method?

Post by jalp » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:04 pm

mikesee wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:36 pm
Whaddya got?

The tips on the OB/BC's have that perfect little slot, but the tails are rounded and smooth and no matter what I do my tail hook/loop wants to slip off.

What's your solution?
I have the same issue with my V6s. I switched to a Pomoca twin tip tail hook. It's an improvement over the regular hook but can still pop off on occasion.

spopepro

Post by spopepro » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:10 pm

I run straight cut race skins with no tail clip. Works fine.

mikesee
Ski style: Tours for turns

Post by mikesee » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:13 pm

jalp wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:04 pm
mikesee wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:36 pm
Whaddya got?

What's your solution?
I have the same issue with my V6s. I switched to a Pomoca twin tip tail hook. It's an improvement over the regular hook but can still pop off on occasion.

Thx. Next time you have that setup paired, would you mind snapping a pic? I just looked up those tail hooks, but can't quite envision how I'd mate them with my current skins.

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Post by phoenix » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:38 pm

I have some G3 skins for my Objectives, the tail hook resembles that Pomoca tail hook jalp uses (just looked at those online), but the G3's is steel, with a little different strap. I just looked at the G3 site, but don't see it there currently. It's similar to the sort of two prong system I see they do still have on some of their tips. Anyway it works fine as long as you get the strap tension right (which is quite easy).

jalp

Post by jalp » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:42 pm

@mikesee They are probably only compatible with the Pomoca tail straps unfortunately.

I also put a little shoe goo in the hooks for a bit more friction. That alone may well make a difference with your current hooks.
IMG_3579(1).jpg