I'm done.

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
mca80
Ski style: Over the river and through the woods
Favorite Skis: Nansen, Finnmark, Kongsvold, Combat NATO, Fischer Superlite, RCS
Favorite boots: Crispi Bre, Hook, Alpina 1600, Alico Ski March, Crispi Mountain

Re: I'm done.

Post by mca80 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:16 pm

connyro wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:00 pm
I saw the title of this thread, jumped to conclusions and got excited, but then realized that it wasn't mammey who was done on this site. Instead, it turned out to be fgd135- a respected and experienced member who's opinions and posts I truly respected. That's a big loss for this forum and a personal disappointment.
Agree; though I haven't had much interaction with him I have found his posts thoughtful, informative, and courteous. Plus the Stein Eriksen quote at the bottom of his posts is nifty.

connyro
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:17 pm

Manney wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:13 pm
Doesn’t bother me.
LOL. Sure seems to bother you quite a bit.

Manney

Post by Manney » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:21 pm

Bothers other ppl… enough to quit.

Me? Not so much. Find it amusing… in different ways. Not terribly clever though. If you were smarter, it would at least be interesting.

Like really… The Military Ski Thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5999

100% data. Pictures, factory specs, links. Real content (crazy as that sounds). Nothing about me. And connyro can’t handle that… because somebody he doesn’t like posted a bunch of stuff that 45,000 people clicked on. How lame is that?

Let me explain how lame it is… connyro would apparently like no data. That way, whatever he says can be the truth. He hasn’t created any threads except for those asking a Q or expressing a personal opinion. Nothing the matter with that. It’s what forums are for… along with other things.

It’s the “other things” conny doesn’t like. Unless they’re by him. Except they’re not. Stephen? He goes whichever way the wind blows…
Go Ski

connyro

Post by connyro » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:44 pm

Manney wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:21 pm
Bothers other ppl… enough to quit.

Me? Not so much. Find it amusing… in different ways. Not terribly clever though. If you were smarter, it would at least be interesting.

Like really… The Military Ski Thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5999

100% data. Pictures, factory specs, links. Real content (crazy as that sounds). Nothing about me. And connyro can’t handle that… because somebody he doesn’t like posted a bunch of stuff that 45,000 people clicked on. How lame is that?

Let me explain how lame it is… connyro would apparently like no data. That way, whatever he says can be the truth. He hasn’t created any threads except for those asking a Q or expressing a personal opinion. Nothing the matter with that. It’s what forums are for… along with other things.

It’s the “other things” conny doesn’t like. Unless they’re by him. Except they’re not. Stephen? He goes whichever way the wind blows…
There's few things worse than blowhards. Bring all your "facts" and figures and data and whatever you want but speaking without any personal experience leads to errors. Your posts are, more often than not, filled with error and obvious lack of experience. You present your data with an iron fist and air of condescension and don't allow anyone to disagree without you flipping the fuck out on them. That is a true description of a blowhard.

Manney

Post by Manney » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:13 pm

That’s not it.

First, it’s the person posting data on what you believe is your personal domain. That’s why the concept of contributing to the site hin a way that furthers Johnny’s ability to fund it, maybe even buy the occasional item for his family, doesn’t compute for you.

Second, you don’t like the data. It speaks for itself. It’s from irrefutable sources… photos and background info from the military, data from ski manufacturers. No room for anyone to insert an opinion once a ski is identified. You could have participated in discussions to identify some of the skis but you didn’t. Why? The previous point might have something to do with it. Or maybe there’s another reason you’re not sharing.

It’s the goal and nature of the thread that gets up your nose. No room to play the ego game because it’s about things that you don’t fully understand. Hence your incorrect comment about the subject having nothing to do with tele, which is absurd because all of the skis are fitted with some kind of free heel binding and tele is the most sensible return to use at speed when carrying a heavy pack (as troops do).

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5999&start=110#p61729

So you go back to throwing shade on somebody contributing something of apparently high interest. It’s very weird, conny.
Go Ski

connyro

Post by connyro » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:28 pm

Manney wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:13 pm
That’s not it.
Lol. no, that's it exactly. I articulated exactly what meant, above. So it's exactly "it". Also, thats a lot of deflecting you're doing. Predictable.

Manney

Post by Manney » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:34 pm

So how does one feed ego compiling and posting data created by others? Is it showing off cut and paste skills? Plagiarism skills? Are those even “skills” these days? LOL.

Theyre not even “my” facts and figures. Freely admit that… so plagiarism is off the list. Not taking credit for the data. Trab ski? Trab data. Icelantic ski? Icelantic. Wouldn’t expect anyone to be interested in a thread based on anything but data from the source…

Or are you complaining about having initiative to do something vaguely productive? … in America? LOL.

Or does one have to be the member of the Alpini Corps to match a photo, cut and paste data from a manufacturer site? Just any member, or should they be from the command team or higher? LOL
Go Ski

CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Post by CwmRaider » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:01 am

Montana St Alum wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:36 pm
Just engage "ignore" mode.
I agree. Until this past winter this forum was vastly more friendly, but we will never fix all that is wrong on the internet, and the forum moderator is tired of it. Filtering out the offensive posts by one person are an improvement. The Foe list in the user control panel is a start. If nobody cares or listens, there is no point in shouting.

JohnSKepler
Ski style: XCBCD
Favorite Skis: Asnes Falkentind 62 (172), Asnes Gamme54 (190)
Favorite boots: Alaska Alpina XP
Alfa Free

Post by JohnSKepler » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:33 pm

We all need some snow. About 6 feet of it.
Veni, Vidi, Viski

mca80
Ski style: Over the river and through the woods
Favorite Skis: Nansen, Finnmark, Kongsvold, Combat NATO, Fischer Superlite, RCS
Favorite boots: Crispi Bre, Hook, Alpina 1600, Alico Ski March, Crispi Mountain

Post by mca80 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:22 pm

JohnSKepler wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:33 pm
We all need some snow. About 6 feet of it.
Funny that some people (myself, for one) can get "cabin fever" in summer ;)

I did just hear a loon, though, so that brightened my day.