Skiorders.com

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Chisana
Ski style: Sliding on snow
Favorite Skis: EMS Woodies
Favorite boots: Merrell ultras

Skiorders.com

Post by Chisana » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:54 am

Ordered some swix mountain extreme poles fromskiorders.com. at a bargain price and free shipping- to Alaska! Prefer to shop local, but these poles are not available in my area.
Starting to regret the order. Seems like too good of a deal to be true and wondering if it is a scam.
Just wondering if any forum members have ordered through this business.

lemon

Re: Skiorders.com

Post by lemon » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:45 am

They have fischers 78s with boots and bindings for 90$?! They are either going out of business or it's a scam site.

Manney
needs to take stock of his life

Post by Manney » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:43 am

Browsed the site. Some of the packages, boots are priced waaay too good to be true. Most of the other stuff is in the category of “end of season sale” prices… like 30% off.

Sometimes sites publish a few insane prices to generate buzz. They may have 1-2 sets but keep the listing up as a browsing hook. Don’t like it… leads to disappointment at checkout… but it’s not all that uncommon. Other places do it with sizing (make a big noise about discounts until you drill down and realize that the only size available is like 145).

The pole prices are very good. Didn’t see anything unbelievable. In fact, have done better on binding prices elsewhere in the past two years… even tho pandemic price gouging was common.

Throwing in free shipping on oversized items without a minimum order value seems a bit sketch tho. Completely erases the margin.
Go Ski

trashcat
Ski style: attempting to stay upright
Favorite Skis: The ones I'm currently on
Favorite boots: Merrell leathers, Rossi X5's

Post by trashcat » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:37 pm

It's got to be a scam. I put the traverse 78 package in my cart and there was no where to select the boot size. Just the ski length, and under the credit card payment area it said "you will receive a random discount from 1-99 dollars"

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:43 pm

@Chisana, it is definitely a scam/ripoff website/vendor.
They have copied a legitimated vendors inventory to create this website.
If you look at the “About Us” at the bottom of the page, it lists a random residential address that is not a business.
Also, lack of a contact phone number is a big Red Flag!

See:
https://www.telemarktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5292

Sorry!
You should contact your credit card company to have the charges reversed due to fraud.

Manney

Post by Manney » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:11 pm

trashcat wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:37 pm
It's got to be a scam. I put the traverse 78 package in my cart and there was no where to select the boot size. Just the ski length, and under the credit card payment area it said "you will receive a random discount from 1-99 dollars"
Ha ha. Yeah… it’s a scam site then.

If they were smart, they’d list a brand new Scarpa three pin design at full price.
Go Ski

Chisana
Ski style: Sliding on snow
Favorite Skis: EMS Woodies
Favorite boots: Merrell ultras

Post by Chisana » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:20 pm

I contacted skiorders.com by phone and asked to cancel order. They responded that the item had already been shipped. I said I still want to cancel order. I was then offered a 30% discount, which I declined. I was then offered a 50% discount ,which I
declined. I was then told the order would be cancelled and my c.c. credited.
I then called c.c. company, informed them of the situation, and cancelled my c.c.
Hopefully everything works out. If things seem too good to be true, they probably aren't.
No fool like an old fool, but hopefully this old fool has learned a lesson.

Manney

Post by Manney » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:50 pm

Meh, could happen to any of us. Thank-you for flagging this to the group so others don’t get snared in this trap.
Go Ski