Fischer 23/24 EZ skin models.

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
JB TELE

Fischer 23/24 EZ skin models.

Post by JB TELE » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:16 am

I sent Fischer asking them to clarify which models of the TN66 are have the easy skin attachment and they sent sent me a reply outlining all of the models that do and don't have the ez skin attachment.
Hello Justin!

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Transnordic 66 is sold in a few different configurations internationally. Here in the US, we only sell the Transnordic 66 Crown Xtralite (N55523). These have the OffTrack Crown waxless pattern but no Easy Skin attachment.

In Europe, they stock and advertise the Transnordic 66 EasySkin Xtralite (N55023). These are a waxable base with the EasySkin attachment.

Currently for the 23-24 season, Only the Outback 68 and Sbound 98 have the EasySkin. You may find some of last year's Traverse 78 or Excursion 88 in the market with EasySkin attachment. Note that this year's Traverse 78 (N51522V) does not have the EasySkin compatibility.

Regards,

Ryan
Customer Service
Fischer Skis US
I find it really strange that they removed the EZ skins from the Traverse 78. Why don't they put the attachment on all of their BCXC skis? Any of their skis are capable of skiing down a slope that needs kicker skins to ascend. Maybe they are trying to reduce costs by not including the attachment, but if all of their skis had the EZ attachment they would sell more of their own branded kicker skins.

satanas

Re: Fischer 23/24 EZ skin models.

Post by satanas » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:02 pm

Telemark Pyrenees have the TN66 Crown either with or without the Easy Skin slots, but the ones with are considerably more expensive. Despite this, they're the ones I'd buy.

There's also a 68mm(?) ski with the Easy Skin slots, but the description of this at T-P confusingly refers to the TN66.

Yamaska

Post by Yamaska » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:33 pm

We need both options in North America.

riel
Ski style: BC XC
Favorite Skis: Asnes Gamme, Ingstad & Støretind, Fischer Mountain Cross & E99
Favorite boots: Fischer BCX675

Post by riel » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:41 pm

satanas wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:02 pm
Telemark Pyrenees have the TN66 Crown either with or without the Easy Skin slots, but the ones with are considerably more expensive. Despite this, they're the ones I'd buy.

There's also a 68mm(?) ski with the Easy Skin slots, but the description of this at T-P confusingly refers to the TN66.
Don't buy the Fischer Outback 68 if you value going fast. That ski has great grip, and great stability, but it achieves it by having a really soft flex, which means the fishscales will always be dragging in the snow.

Both the TransNordic 66, and the Traverse 78 have a much stiffer flex underfoot, and as a consequence both will glide much, much better than the Outback 68 (or the Spider 62, which is similar).

xcdnewb0313
Occupation: Stay at home dad who enjoys web development, skiing, angling, & trail-running - b.g. US Marine, exvangelic, & a mediocre vegan chef. Namaste ✌️

Post by xcdnewb0313 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:04 am

I was pretty bummed when I got my Traverse 78's from REI last month and discovered they didn't have the EZ Skin attachment :cry:

I spoke to an employee at Great Glen Trails in NH about it (they are a Fischer dealer) and she said that with the Ukraine factory fire (I am sure the war isn't helping much either) Fischer had moved most of their production to China and Austria. Maybe one or both of those factories don't have the capabilities to build skis with the EZ skin attachment built in :?:

My Traverse 78s had a big "Made in China" sticker on them, which wasn't the first thing I noticed - the Fischer logo on one of the skis was not centered. It makes the binding look like its not centered when you first look at the ski :o :shock: Oh well they still ski nice. Maybe they'll bring it back once they switch production back to their Ukraine factory :ugeek:

voilenerd

Post by voilenerd » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:23 am

My 78 are made in China and my new Brown Sbound are made in Austria according to top sheet but the sticker says Ukraine. My 78 are missing the easy skin while the 98s have them. My guess is anything made in China doesn’t have the skin attachment. The build quality is also not as good on the 78 vs 98.

aclyon
Ski style: adapt or die

Post by aclyon » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:28 am

wow glad i got my 78's last season...
my girlfriend just got 98's, they're beautiful, and they say made in Austria.

i can't believe no 112's-- that is such an important part of my quiver! my ski buddy has the whole line and 90% of the time is using the 88 or 112, he also can't believe they stopped those...

randoskier
Ski style: awkward
Favorite Skis: snow skis
Favorite boots: go-go

Post by randoskier » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:55 am

xcdnewb0313 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:04 am
I was pretty bummed when I got my Traverse 78's from REI last month and discovered they didn't have the EZ Skin attachment :cry:

I spoke to an employee at Great Glen Trails in NH about it (they are a Fischer dealer) and she said that with the Ukraine factory fire (I am sure the war isn't helping much either) Fischer had moved most of their production to China and Austria. Maybe one or both of those factories don't have the capabilities to build skis with the EZ skin attachment built in :?:

My Traverse 78s had a big "Made in China" sticker on them, which wasn't the first thing I noticed - the Fischer logo on one of the skis was not centered. It makes the binding look like its not centered when you first look at the ski :o :shock: Oh well they still ski nice. Maybe they'll bring it back once they switch production back to their Ukraine factory :ugeek:
After the fire Fischer rebuilt the factory in Ukraine completely, a huge process with all those custom built maschines, it was a tree to ski factory and made more than 70% of Fischer skis (and many other brands). Fischer has made the bulk of their skis in Ukraine for decades- even before the USSR collapsed. Maybe since that factory is in the Hungarian speaking part of the Ukraine there is some old Austro-Hungarian links.

Fischer rebuilt it just in time for the Ukraine war to breakout, many of their workers are conscripted and fighting the invading Russians. The factory is over by the Hungarian border and is physically safe and will hopefully resume production after they dispatch the Russians.

During the two years the factory was down due to the fire they manufactured their Nordic BC skis in the Czech Republic- my Excursion 88s were built there and have the EZ skin. The factory in Czechia makes several major brands and did not have enough capacity for Fischers quantity demands- some models became hard to come by. Hence China.

Since the war began they have moved much of their production to China- I agree, the factory in China probably does not have the capability or expertise to build the receptacle for the EZ skin into the base. Why else would Fischer remove a popular feature? On a human note I hope the Ukrainians are successful in repelling the barbaric Russian forces and that they can get back to a normal life.