Need travel advice

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
mrhppinhg

Need travel advice

Post by mrhppinhg » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:59 am

Hi everyone, I'm planning to visit Mexico later this month for some business related work. I will be staying for a few days and I thought it would be fun to try skiing in Mexico as I will be having some free time also. I've heard that there are some amazing slopes to experience in the mountainous regions of Mexico, especially at high altitudes. I'm wondering if anyone here knows more about the best ski resorts in Mexico. Do you have any recommendations or contacts of someone who can arrange a ski trip for me? I would appreciate any tips or advice you can give me. Thanks in advance!

Sidney Dunkin

Re: Need travel advice

Post by Sidney Dunkin » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:45 am

I don’t know anything about skiing in Mexico but I would definitely bring my rock skis. You may also need some thick skin so all of the strange looks you’ll be getting at the airport carrying your skis won’t make you feel self conscious. Let us know how it goes.

mrhppinhg

Post by mrhppinhg » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:35 pm

I’m not worried about the strange looks, I think it’s fun to do something different. I’ll let you know how it goes when I come back. Cheers!

mrhppinhg

Post by mrhppinhg » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:45 pm

Btw @Sidney Dunkin do you have any particular place in mind that you want to suggest?

Sidney Dunkin

Post by Sidney Dunkin » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:03 am

A quick google search revealed that there are a few ski resorts in Mexico. I would check to see if you will be near one of them. Mexico is a big country.

mrhppinhg

Post by mrhppinhg » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:21 am

I will be in Mexico City. I also googled and found some resorts near La Malinche National Park. I was checking to see if anyone has some recommendations or not.

Sidney Dunkin

Post by Sidney Dunkin » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:46 pm

If you make it happen, post some pics. I know I'll be impressed.

mrhppinhg

Post by mrhppinhg » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:51 pm

Sure. I have decided to get a local guide to show me around from https://gowithguide.com/mexico/guides I don't want to waste a big chunk of my free time wondering clueless, as it's my business trip.