Partner needed -- Earth (~ N43.6, W116.2)

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Rokjox

Partner needed -- Earth (~ N43.6, W116.2)

Post by Rokjox » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:00 pm

New partners needed near the Boise river in Idaho region of Earth. Rural/metro area. I am a retarded microbe expressed in a ski capable form wishing I could get out more. As senility and biologic entropy expresses itself in my social circle, I find less collusion than I used to enjoy. Preference is to be enjoyed by mature male applicants.

( ...wifesrules...)

Unfortunately for me, I exist on a warming planet pushing the limits of freezing at local atmospheric pressure, and I can't afford to travel much outside of local area, certainly not off planet (unless you are Elon Musk or similar philanthropist.) As the end of season has just entered early this year on a dry snowpack, I got no great sliding expectations for the rest of the month... (I used to ski from November till June, reliably climbing higher and higher as the season evolved. Now I'd need a Planetary Shuttle.)

Being a monkey with carkeys, I am a fuel fool to the extent of about 5-10 gallons a weekend and the warming trend offers other opportunities, especially using bicycles and crawling over, under and through stuff. Somewhat over exposed to local Boise trails, I've been wandering further away and slitherin around fairly unpublished canyons, mostly looking for holes and minerals with lost Spanish or stagecoach gold a goal if you happen to know of any. Great wealth, fame and longevity are desired but not expected. Keep it real.

Applicant must possess great capacity while expressing great discretion. Locations, method, practices, training, identity, dates and diet are all trade secrets and highly classified as Mrs. Grundy never approves of anything. Applicant must already possess many skills and most of his own personal gear, you would not like my seconds.
Nondisclosure agreements must be signed and a blood sample taken. If you pass the blood test, you are so OUTA here. Alcoholics are not encouraged, but expected. Same with sex-addicts, keep it warm and hidden like all respectable people do. Except for the alchys: buy, chip in or bring your own you lushes.

bah humbug. Skiings over rated, all that sliding around on snow. First, you gotta have snow since the glaciers all went away. Completely unrealistic in the Modern world.

But if your traveling by Earth anyway, drop in; just know, the skiings gonna suck. Can you squeeze through a 29 inch hole? (~ .7 m.)
Last edited by Rokjox on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: Partner needed -- Earth (~ N43.6, W116.2)

Post by Johnny » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:28 am

Coooooooooool..! 8-)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 am

Well it seems we lost a Teleman aka Telemanarcer aka Pinner aka Bruce and gained a Rokjox. Welcome my friend.

You are a well known and not so well liked character... I've read a fair deal of the shit talk about you at SuperTopo and have read some of your various posts from other forums. You don't seem so bad to me, I'm not sure what all the fuss was about? I actually think you are kind of funny and interesting. At first I thought you were going to be another trouble making troll, but I think I was wrong. You actually know how to post pictures by yourself, that's a plus. You share many interests of those that frequent this forum, that's a plus. You're salty and self-proclaimed autistic, that's a definite benefit. You don't like Craig Dostie, that's an obvious plus. I'm willing to overlook the wolf and Californian thing,even though I don't share those views, I can relate. Also empty threats on here aren't a good idea. Just putting that out there. Other than that I think you'll fit in fine.

There have been very few incidents of banishment in this forum, and those individuals that were had about a zillion chances to make it right. Don't follow in their footsteps and you'll have a good time.

Rokjox

Post by Rokjox » Wed May 20, 2015 1:31 pm

There is a hell of a lot of mileage skimmed over in those statements MK. I pretty obviously feel as if I have not got a GD thing to be ashamed of, after posting there for about 8 years, ending a couple years ago when "Banned" by a pile of sensation seeking, tight-assed, self promoting yahoos. Climbers were a LOT tougher when I was good (relatively), BITD. A LOT tougher and a LOT more admirable.

I don't think I ever took on anyone who didn't attack me first, multiple times; with one exception when I mistook one false name avatar for another guy with a similar schtick (sp). I apologized IMMEDIATELY when it was pointed out, and made adjustments as rapidly as possible. The problem is that so MANY of my detractors actually ARE/WERE criminals and low IQ underachievers. Including the owner of a certain website that is failing fast. (You want to sue me over that statement CM? Try it and I will end up owning your ass!) The guy who "banned: me is a pussy, and nobody will ever know who actually did it, because those guys are too chickenshit to even explain who is actually controlling the site. But truthfully, I don't support criminals and scofflaws of any sort any more, including stupid people who survive stupid acts over and over. I got no grief for DP anymore, he was committing a criminal act when his ego overwhelmed his skillset and he leapt to his death. Too bad he had a buddy not smart enough to not follow him, and good that he didn't take his dog this time. The act itself was stupid, and despite my admiring a few of his other exploits, I cannot support any of that shit in Yosemite Valley.

When I get banned, I lose privileges on a under-performing website run by a profit seeking scofflaw who is a playboy and a publicity seeking wanker, for insulting his lowlife buddies. When HE gets banned, its by a Federal Judge who bans him from regions the size of states, charges him large fines, confiscates his gear and forces community service to the public HE insulted. People who follow my words get pissed off. His words seem to get people arrested or killed. MY trip book is filled with legal minor adventures, his are filled with criminal acts and publicity stunts. Base and wingsuit flying is ILLEGAL almost everywhere in America and his acts are NOT civil disobedience, they are crimes. You don't try and hide Civil Disobedience, for one thing...

And I got so MUCH shit about calling myself Rokjox, even though it was NOT an "anonymous avatar" on that website. I was NEVER anonymous, not from the very first post I ever made under that handle. I was identified IMMEDIATELY because I was well known enough back in the day and I NEVER have tried to hide my identity. The false complaint pissed me off so much, that I continue to use the byline Today. I am hiding from NOBODY, but I don't have to make it TOO easy, do I? ((Any of you guys know WHY Samuel Clemens used a pseudonym in HIS writing? It was because he wanted to write about things that would get him killed in his existing society. You wouldn't think that Huckleberry Finn and Letters From the Earth would get a shoutout today, but THEN he was HATED! by MANY people. As am I, I suppose.))

I have never printed a deliberate lie or untruth. But a LOT of people don't like to be reminded of the truth, and as long as politics exist, simpering butt hurt pansies will whine and beg the powers to censor the shit out of the truth. Thats the modern day answer, it was not how we climbers used to handle things in Camp 4. If you tell someone you would fuck someone up if they were within reach for something they said they IMMEDIATELY scream "ARE YOU THREATENING ME?" about six times. (Its so fun to hear their voices go up a octave) The problem wasn't threats, it was that I could find ACTIONS to take against a largely criminal element. Push me far enough and I don't threaten, I warn you when I am reaching a limit. You ignore that warning, you keep screaming at me, you escalate, you manipulate and then act surprised when I knock the shit out of someone, you have a problem bigger than me. Those wanks that took me on and lost should have just backed off a little. They didn't need to do anything but what was honorable, and when they didn't, I reached out.

I do NOT hide behind a keyboard as accused, in any way. You really want a piece of me, I got a plateful just waiting. ((Please understand the word "You" is third person. English does encourage a certain class of syntactical confusion in that class of expression. I got no reason to complain about anything here, or anybody))

My biggest complaint on that website was when several people took 25 year old images of me and photoshopped that face onto pictures of people being held at gunpoint, dressed in corsets with their dick up a cars tailpipe, pictures of prostitutes, turds floating in toilet bowls, and other such charming images. When I asked nicely that they refrain from that particular form of abuse, they tripled down ((except for one fellow, who I have/HAD no further complaint with)). Nobody in control of the website would respond in any way, the passive aggressive pussies who actually DO run Supertopo DO actually Hide. They actually are emotional and intellectual cowards who hide there, using actual anonymous avatars they change regularly. ((Yes I AM calling you out, you little wing rat, your actions are cowardly, you run and hide all day long. At least DP and the Pirate actually have been known to stand up and face the rangers and the police.))

The best thing about Supertopo is watching it fail, and when the owner finally dies at his own hand, I will cheer as I think climbing as a whole will be served much better without him OR his website for the criminal class. I am so glad that the Park service is starting a website that will take even more business from ST. ((You guys look at Alexa? Supertopo is almost off their map now, the last blip has almost worked its way off the chart. ))
ST graph 5-15.jpg
This looked a LOT more impressive 2 years ago, what do you think happened? They had the first Big Banning Purge For Purity. Then they deleted thousands of posts from those shunned. Now they got NOTHING.
They used to be big when I was still posting there... they were in the TWENTIES(!) for years!

I have a lot more, but I think you can see where I am coming from... I seem to got Basic Philosophical Differences with some people, including the owner of a certain website.

e7a875c3a764b8b3345cd476498c9ab3.jpg
Where did the damn anchors go??

You want to play? I got a lot of good places to go... but little money. I live in Idaho...
Last edited by Rokjox on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed May 20, 2015 2:38 pm

I'm not a climber, but I'm a pretty level-headed guy I think. Be cool, have fun, and fuck what anyone else thinks... just have some respect for other people and we'll have no issues.

Rokjox

Post by Rokjox » Wed May 20, 2015 2:49 pm

I rockclimb. Sure I do.
I ski downhill and backcountry.
I mountain bike.
I peakbag occasionally (alpinism?).
I hunt for caves (gopher holes?) and go crawling inside if I can find them.
I shoot targets.
I walk sometimes if nothing else is useful.
I used to do some free diving (snorkling).
I offroad somedays, gotta get to the starting point...
I got a couple other things too...

Gotta diversify, seasons and conditions change.

Rokjox

Post by Rokjox » Thu May 28, 2015 11:03 pm

Darn.

Looks like I waited too long.

My partner of 35 years and more just had a new heart valve replaced. Seems he only had three out of four? for his whole life? And nobody knew? I wasn't told, I just found out, because ... well, cause he's my partner. his Wife hates me, I think. For 35 years...

I am pretty freeqed out.

My standards for a new partner just dropped. Looks like I am going to get used to soloing.

So LJ, looks like I just picked up a new Ban today, I just tried to post to TGR earlier today, I needed a diversion. it says I was Banned, for "No reason given", and when do I get another chance? ""Never!"" I think I only ever posted once there, maybe never...I used to hike/climb in the Tetons, I went to high school in Jackson, I skiied there, seemed I had some reason to log-in... but I really don't remember pissing over anybody, I don't KNOW anybody there...

So you got any buds there? Did they have an actual reason or are they just doing a favor for the criminal class of flying Rats from ST?? I mean, give a wanker a cape and they think they can fly... is my insistence that they actually drop like winged bricks and ought to be arrested upon landing a problem for them? i can understand the ST admin getting pissy but TGR? If so thats cool, maybe someday I can find someway to repay the favor...

A lot of guys today got butt buddies, I guess... Some support criminal enterprise, some don't...

You guys here got any better reasons?

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Fri May 29, 2015 9:14 am

Sorry about yer bud Roxy... gotta find some younger bucks to run with I guess.

Dude, seriously? TGR?

Probably posting here is a punishable offense at TGR, I don't know... don't want to know. That place is silly. You should be happy they banned you, they did you a favor.

I actually like you MORE knowing that you have been banned from EYT and TGR.

The Lovely Bear

Post by The Lovely Bear » Fri May 29, 2015 10:10 am

My crew:

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:42 pm

Wow! Two bans in a year?!? Man, you're good! 8-)

Sorry about your partner...

I remember registering at TGR like 10 years ago... I don't know why my account was never approved... Maybe God wanted me to become a telemark skier instead of staying a retarded alpine skier...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."