No Eon?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
MikeK

No Eon?

Post by MikeK » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Thinking about getting a pair of S Bound 78s as my transition ski and forking the Eons over to my wife. I've been checking regularly (for a 195cm Eon) and I don't see any new stock popping up. My 195cm length requirement is non-negotiable as these skis will be the primary intermediate terrain ski for long tours.

What I'm waffling on is having to switch bindings - my wife don't do NNN, and I want it for this width of ski, so I'd have to take my nicely mounted Eons, plug them, and then put pins on then.

I could try her on S Bounds but from my experience with the 98s the Madshus skis are much more forgiving - she probably wouldn't like the squirrelly esses. Also the Eons flex so nice, I'm hesitant to hand them over...

Any suggestions my wise skiing friends? Only other option might be to go for a E109 but that will probably be less versatile than the S78... also fairly rare at the moment.

STG

Re: No Eon?

Post by STG » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:21 pm

Mike,

Check out ORScrosscountryskidirect.com I think they still have the Eon in stock. I live in Montana but I have bought a number of skis from ORS (located in Vermont). They have great customer service and they may even be willing to contact the Madshus factory Rep to get you a pair of Eon skis, if they don't have them. Good luck, I love my waxable Eons!

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Thanks STG - I'll give them a holler. I notice they haven't been restocking a lot the skis they used to carry, so I kind of thought maybe they were getting out of it.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:52 am

No Eon 'till October or November... but apparently they are planning to ship a new model (probably just new graphics)!

Still thinkin' in the interest of cheapness I might go for the S Bound summer deal.