Ski Bum 101?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: Ski Bum 101?

Post by lowangle al » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:45 pm

My advice on being a ski/outdoor "bum" is, if you are on the East coast stay there, it is cheaper and there would be less compitition than out West.

Mike, now that you have all the gear you need you have to think of saving money as buying time in the future to enjoy the things you love. It also will buy you freedom to make career or housing changes. Selling weed may be a good option for you to help achive what you want and you would be contributing to society.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Hahaha... as much as I talk about it, I wouldn't sell weed, even if it were legal.

I think it should be legal, and I've used in the past, but it's not a part of society I want to contribute to anymore. I also know a fair deal of weed dealers, they 'work' a lot and don't really make much money. It's a labor of love I think.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:50 am

Mike, you really have to get your hands on "Wine, Woman, Warren and Skis"... There is some very good advice in there... The subtitle of the book really should be "Ski bum 101"... It's available for all our guests here at the Love Mansion... 8-)
wm1.jpg
wm2.jpg
wm3.jpg
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:38 am

LoveJohnny wrote: It's available for all our guests here at the Love Mansion... 8-)
Advertising? Tell them about the childcare ;)

But hey, I couldn't even get the internet or the guitar to work there, so what makes you think I'll learn anything from your fancy book?

Maybe I'm not smart enough to be a ski bum, maybe I'm destined for 9-5 cube world :ugeek:

[video][/video]