Fischer E-109 vs. Asnes Ingstad

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Cannatonic

Re: Fischer E-109 vs. Asnes Ingstad

Post by Cannatonic » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:19 pm

>>I thought they were a fairly stiff ski. The only thing close to being as stiff I have is the E89.
I didn't like the mountain crown scales - great glide, not so great grip... typical for a negative pattern.

this brownish vintage E99 is a stiff ski with soft tips that make turning easier. I actually like the old negative pattern, it will go up moderate grades like the Stowe side of smuggler's notch, it's better grip than the Rossi negative pattern. The 210's are excellent for cruising spring corn without klister buzzkill.

I lean toward the nordic side of things, I hate slow skis. I had 205cm Eon and found them intolerably slow, the 210 E99's are much faster and still do tele turns well. haven't mounted the Gamme 54's yet - will be Super Tele and Crispi Antarctic boots. no doubt these won't be skis for going straight up & down something, or for quick turns.

I love the Asnes dog skis! Seems like they'd be great in powder. The lack of edges is cool, my former dog did get a laceration on the leg once from jumping into my snowboard edge. whoa - those reverend graphics are great! Ingstad has a pissed-off look in his eye - but you could always paint over him, stickers, etc.
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:34 pm

this guy is loving the Breidablikk…no dog!

Out and test new fjellski, easy skareføre.
Very good ski to the rugged terrain, very soft and good.
Was filmed on an incredibly idyllic day at kallingsheia.

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Hej Canna! Hur Laget?!

Whoa, those are some really nice snow conditions on that Video. Can't wait!

In the end, we can say what we want here, but skiing is an art and we must live it in the heart. So to each our own!

Can't help but notice though, how the dude skids to the side on the vid... and sometimes falls. No tele-turning either it seems (EVEN THOUGH HE'S USING ROTTEFELLA CHILIS OF ALL THINGS). Both of these would be much easier to accomplish with grace using grippy metaledges. But then again, we choose our fights and our fun...

For my sake, I'd rather look at a serious looking dude while I carve than slip around looking at some hound! ;)
Last edited by bgregoire on Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:56 pm

Wow that's some beautiful terrain. I'd love to go ski there!

Strange how their are all those water flows under the snow. I wonder what it looks like in the summer...

And hey if you can manhandle 210 E99s then more power to you!

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:02 pm

MikeK wrote:And hey if you can manhandle 210 E99s then more power to you!
Absolut!
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:08 pm

And off goes the boring grey man! ;)

Man, I need some of that!

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Wow the grey man does it nice! Get those skis lilcliffy!

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:26 pm

wow….I want to be in Stavaskarnuten, right now! although it's probably dark for the next few months. I would take E99/super tele on those open mellow pitches….skiing the uphill part would be so easy. we're all different - I'm a little crazy - if I panned that basement pic over a few feet you'd see my vintage 215cm Dynastar Super G pro-form race skis, broke them skiing moguls, I've always loved skis that are too long for my own good.

at least the Ingstad guy is making nice tele turns - it does look like the Breidablikk guy is flailing his way down.

*edit…what the hell…here they are! those 210's are just skinny toothpicks...
IMG_0578.JPG

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Cannatonic wrote:*edit…what the hell…here they are!
IMG_0578.JPG
You need to get some bindings on those skis!

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:16 am

Wow those Dynastars are classics.

I am confused about the fischer E-99 EXTRA light phenomenon. What are they trying to accomplish here? It's not a racing ski, a little extra material would be nice to have, if I am going to do a longer wilderness trek, I'm honest, the ExtraLite 99's do not inspire confidence. I've been looking around for another older pair of 99s without the ExtraLite, and will keep my extra's for snowmobiled roads. I'd rather take my 1950's Madshus on a longer wilderness trek. When I was swapping bindings on the ExtraLite 99's I had issues getting the center screw on the toe to hold because an "Air Channel" was running directly through the center of the ski. My drill bit when through the topsheet and found nothing but air. WTF? Seriously, WTF? I dumped a bunch of marine epoxy in there and waited for it to firm up, but It's bewildering for sure, especially on such a classic ski.