Anyone Skiing Icelantic Gypsies? Mounting Questions

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
earnyerturn
Ski style: All around
Occupation: Propagator of Stoke for Ski/SB program facilitating the mountain love for folks of all abilities

Anyone Skiing Icelantic Gypsies? Mounting Questions

Post by earnyerturn » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:24 pm

In the true dirtbag fashion, I don't know what its like to buy new skis. I think about it all the time, but in reality, I just have a hard time throwing the coin down, on something I am going to, well you know, throw down the mountain.

I do have some twisted abilities to find slightly used alpine skis that people have fallen out of lust with, and sell for much less than they are worth. Such is my plight on the Gypsy. I've skied them a few times with the Marker Schizo binders they have on them, and… meh I don't alpine in my free time (I have to teach on alpine though). This ski has wicked potential though, and I want throw some fun bindings on them.

I was curious to know if anyone has this set up and where the mounted them.

I know Icelantic has their A…B…C… Lines for the tele pin line, but that seems WAY forward as to where I'd normally mount them. I was thinking about mounting so Pin Lines would be on the CC line. That's pretty much how I've always rolled, pins on CC. There may be merit to the Boot Center, but I'm not fully convinced w/ the tele set up. I know that rockered skis are a little different, but thought that seemed a little more where I'd want to be.

Any and all insight, commentary or banter is greatly appreciated.
Thanks