hemiboreal forest skiing in New Brunswick Canada

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Cannatonic

XCD Guide

Re: hemiboreal forest skiing in New Brunswick Canada

Postby Cannatonic » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:44 pm

sounding great LC! nothing is better than fresh snow on some blue wax on the 210's. Keep the reports coming, my E99's are dormant - injury situation is looking grim, could miss the rest of the season here :cry:

Young Satchel

XCD Enthusiast

Postby Young Satchel » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:37 am

Hurray for crushing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fisheater

XCD Pinhead

Postby fisheater » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:29 pm

lilcliffy wrote:Started snowing after midnight- and steadily snowed until late morning. Got some bookwork done early after chores and then went out for a ski late morning- just as the snow was starting to change to ice pellets.

The conditions were amazing.

Since the ridiculous rainstorm, my steep terrain has been too weird, shallow, and refrozen to be properly enjoyed. But it has snowed a bit every day and the conditions on gentle to moderate terrain have truly been fabulous. I have been absolutely crushing miles over hill, valley, wood, glade, field, and stream- on my E99 Tours. The snow has been perfect for Swix Blue for days now. These skis have been so fast I feel like I can barely keep up with them! :D

Okay now I wish I lived where I needed a Vector & an E-99. I can't imagine what it would be like to cruise in tracks I made a week ago.

ttonelli

XCD Enthusiast

Postby ttonelli » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:12 pm

Looking forward to more thoughts on the OAC XCD!

I wanted something shorter to have some fun in some farms around here. I thought about the Hoks, but I was interested in the OACs because they are a bit narrower and potentially better for going for a bit longer distances.

lilcliffy

XCD KNIGHT

Postby lilcliffy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:40 pm

Will post a review on the OAC XCD ski soon- not terribly impressed so far...The Hok is astronomically better in deep snow, and the XCD is useless as a XC ski, unless you are a very light skier...

The conditions here in the hills are simply amazing- have been for weeks on end.

The sheer amount of continuous fresh snowfall is as good as it gets!

Have had many ideal powder days for my Annums- wicked floaty, smeary, XCD touring.

Had many E99 lighting tours in between big dumps.

We've gotten a good 50 cm this week alone and the snow is so deep and soft today that even my 195cm Annums are struggling on the flats and when climbing (still rock downhill)- they were suffering from the old pool-cover syndrome.

I went out later today with my 210cm Combat Nato- instead of the Annum- the Combat Nato was considerably better when XC skiing, climbing and breaking trail. The Combat Nato does not float as high as the Annum, but it is more stable in deep snow than the Annum...But- once up to downhill speed the Annum remains easier to turn...not that I cannot turn the Combat Nato...Hard to say which is better...As a XC ski, the Combat Nato is better...

FINALLY mounted my Koms tonight- out for their maiden ski tomorrow morning after chores! It has been snowing here for almost 24 hours straight, continuing through tomorrow...
The pursuit of XCD balance: cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry

Return to “Telemark Talk Forum”