Flower Power and other Random Shit

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
MikeK

Re: Downgrading for Downhill

Post by MikeK » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:51 pm

bgregoire wrote: What the hell does geranium pills have to do with downhilling on skinnies (No disrespect to JL here)? I mean, we should at the very least start a Blabber Babber thread to talk about all this stuff, if that doesnt do it, start, a Flower Power forum for heaven sakes!
It's all about breaking stigmas and stereotypes man... Everyone assumes Johnny is baked out of his skull all the time because he likes skiing steep shit on NNN and has all sorts of radical, out there ideas. There may have been a time he was, but the Johnny I know doesn't do any drugs but alcohol.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:54 pm

Sorry about the thread drift Ben. I think we need to have a thread for personal problems. Stuff like car problems or squirels in the attic so we don't have to google that stuff.

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:17 pm

MikeK wrote:
bgregoire wrote: What the hell does geranium pills have to do with downhilling on skinnies (No disrespect to JL here)? I mean, we should at the very least start a Blabber Babber thread to talk about all this stuff, if that doesnt do it, start, a Flower Power forum for heaven sakes!
It's all about breaking stigmas and stereotypes man... Everyone assumes Johnny is baked out of his skull all the time because he likes skiing steep shit on NNN and has all sorts of radical, out there ideas. There may have been a time he was, but the Johnny I know doesn't do any drugs but alcohol.
I dunno, I'm actually looking forward to meeting with Johnny next time i'm through Sutton. He definitely sounds like the type up guy i'd end up good friends with. Not much of what he has expressed here sounds outside of my own frame of mind.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:20 pm

bgregoire wrote:
MikeK wrote:
I dunno, I'm actually looking forward to meeting with Johnny next time i'm through Sutton. He definitely sounds like the type up guy i'd end up good friends with. Not much of what he has expressed here sounds outside of my own frame of mind.
You should man. He's a good guy. Probably a lot better if you can speak in a language he prefers.

What I meant was he's much different than you might think... I thought he would have been totally different than he was. I'd imagine some people would think the same of me in person.