The rock and roll lifestyle...

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Re: The rock and roll lifestyle...

Post by Raventele » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:00 pm

IMHO the best sound is to be found close-up..stadiums and such suck..end of story.
Bar and other small venues are where to go to hear something worth payin' for..
:D
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:41 pm

:!: :!: :!: Primus last night at the Armory in Rochester :!: :!: :!:

It's a smallish venue. 4k people max. I don't think it was even at 3500. 2nd time I've seen them there.

I'm not sure what kind of rig those guys were using, but Les' basses sounded tight as ever. Larry's amp looked to be some smallish combo - everything was run through the PA.

Sound was good but I always struggle with vocal clarity at that volume and above. It wasn't terribly loud but it still can get blurred.

Honestly I recall going to concerts where I couldn't hear for hours afterwards. Last few I've been to have been very mellow. Not quiet, but not ear busting either. I was probably 25' from the PA at some points at this show and I had very little discomfort.

Best volume level for comfort and clarity: Small room, all acoustic. No mics, no PAs, no amps. Nothing really sounds better to my ear than that.

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:16 am

Saw Joe Bonamassa last March in the Performing Arts Center, downtown Spokane..Great music- both acoustic and electric..Old theatres can make great music venues.
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"