Elon Musk Purchases 10% of Twitter Stock

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Elon Musk Purchases 10% of Twitter Stock

Post by fisheater » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:24 pm

It has become apparent through recent comments, including an interview on the right wing, homophobic, racist, Babylon Bee, that Elon Musk has very dangerous ideas that run counter to the re-imagining of American life. Fortunately, we the people of the Left control the media. Watch as our friends in the mainstream media begin our glorious assassination of Mr. Musk’s character. Today is April 4, 2022. For this day on watch what a low life Mr. Musk becomes. He could become a bigger reprobate than Donald Trump. Pravda & Tass are merely punters!

connyro
needs to take stock of his life

Re: Elon Musk Purchases 10% of Twitter Stock

Post by connyro » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:19 pm

Musk is interested in one thing: making money for himself. No need to "assassinate his character" considering he's already pretty obnoxious. A quick read states he dodged conscription in his home country of South Africa at the age of 17 at a time when every other able-bodied male of that age was required to serve. By fleeing to Canada. He likes to say he's completely self-made bazillionaire but his daddy was nice enough to own an emerald mine and be rich as hell. Sound familiar trump fans?

martin2007

Post by martin2007 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:16 pm

Why does Elon Musk merit a pre-emptive attack against his critics in mainstream media or elsewhere? Is he another poor misunderstood billionaire in need of protection by less-entitled folks like us? I'm baffled by the enormity of his cult of worshippers, some close to home, who gaze adoringly at him as if he were some kind of underdog messiah. It's enough that young Millennial men join ranks with him and the Joe Rogan's of the culture, but 60-something guys who worked hard all their lives too? Is Musk the man who will lead us to a new frontier, maybe even make "us" great again? Yes, poor misunderstood, under-appreciated Elon. Maybe we'd be better off channeling some of our indignation around Musk being bullied by "mainstream media" and "intellectual elites" to defending people from our own communities who could really use the support. I'll never understand how the entitled mega-rich manage to secure themselves such loyal defenders amongst us. Or if I ever do begin to understand how they pull it off, I don't think I'll approve of it.

riel
Ski style: BC XC
Favorite Skis: Asnes Gamme, Ingstad & Støretind, Fischer Mountain Cross & E99
Favorite boots: Fischer BCX675

Post by riel » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:49 pm

connyro wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:19 pm
Musk is interested in one thing: making money for himself. No need to "assassinate his character" considering he's already pretty obnoxious.
Elon has made some amazing advancements in engineering, and engineering management, enabling R&D in companies like Tesla and SpaceX to go much, much faster than they ever have anywhere else.

His occasional crazy behavior takes nothing away from his accomplishments.

On the flip side, his accomplishments also don't take away anything from the crazy :D

connyro

Post by connyro » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:51 am

riel wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:49 pm
connyro wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:19 pm
Musk is interested in one thing: making money for himself. No need to "assassinate his character" considering he's already pretty obnoxious.
Elon has made some amazing advancements in engineering, and engineering management, enabling R&D in companies like Tesla and SpaceX to go much, much faster than they ever have anywhere else.

His occasional crazy behavior takes nothing away from his accomplishments.

On the flip side, his accomplishments also don't take away anything from the crazy :D
We get the villains we deserve. He's gotten a lot of attention with big splashy ideas while the real engineers do all the actual work. Musk naturally takes credit. I just read one of his tweets where Musk states that hyperloop tunnels are immune to weather events on the surface- "Underground tunnels are immune to surface weather conditions (subways are a good example), so it wouldn’t matter to Hyperloop if a hurricane was raging on the surface. You wouldn’t even notice." NY subway system would like a word...
II53O2EO75G57I4R46FUPKEZHM.jpg

CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Post by CwmRaider » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:29 pm

I'm even less unlikely to own a Tesla than a Twitter account in the future, so, as we say in French, I whack my balls at Musk's 100% Twitter takeover until someone convinces me otherwise.
What's going to happen and why do we care?

Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Post by Musk Ox » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:29 am

Roelant wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:29 pm
I'm even less unlikely to own a Tesla than a Twitter account in the future, so, as we say in French, I whack my balls at Musk's 100% Twitter takeover until someone convinces me otherwise.
I can't believe I'm related to this bellend, the fucking cringe of it.

CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Post by CwmRaider » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:49 pm

Musk Ox wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:29 am
Roelant wrote:
I learned a new word, thanks. Had to google it.
Wait, are you related by more than your name?

Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Post by Musk Ox » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:01 pm

Roelant wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:49 pm
Musk Ox wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:29 am
Roelant wrote:
I learned a new word, thanks. Had to google it.
Wait, are you related by more than your name?
Ha ha, no, Roleant! Thank god, ha ha!

Literally just another in a long line of bad musk ox-related jokes.

Edit: 'bell-end' is one of the more horrifying epithets in British vernacular I acknowledge

GrimSurfer
Ski style: Nordic Backcountry
Favorite Skis: Yes
Favorite boots: Uh huh

Post by GrimSurfer » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:23 am

Some folks think Musk is dangerous to society. Same with Xe.

The only things in danger at the moment are their bank accounts.
We dreamed of riding waves of air, water, snow, and energy for centuries. When the conditions were right, the things we needed to achieve this came into being. Every idea man has ever had up to that point about time and space were changed. And it keeps on changing whenever we dream. Bio mechanical jazz, man.