School lunch comparison

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
MikeK

Re: School lunch comparison

Post by MikeK » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Yes cheap and supported by Jesus Christ.

I learned this last night. While shopping in the organic section of the store, I was approached by a man who I can only describe as looking like Eminem except under his track jacket he was wearing a T shirt that said 'Jesus Christ' on it.

He approached my wife and me and said, "Organic food is poison."

I ignored him but my wife engaged:

"We don't buy much of this anyway..." she said. He proceeded with his pitch, "Yeah, they are poisoning your wallet... It's not as good as the other stuff" He was pointing toward the soda and chips.

I had noticed the obvious advertisement of Jesus Christ on the shirt and was sure this wasn't what he was getting at.

Sure enough, my wife said something to him and he came back, "Jesus told me. I have a personal relationship with Jesus."

So there you have it. Jesus told some guy dressed like a rapper that organic food is too expensive so we should all eat chips. Amen.

FWIW my wife and I saw this guy roaming around the store, seemingly talking to himself at times. I didn't think he was up to any trouble but I made a joke about him poisoning some organic produce and my wife decided it was best off if she notified the service desk. Their reply: "Is it that the Jesus guy? He's not allowed in here..."

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:43 pm

MikeK wrote: So there you have it. Jesus told some guy dressed like a rapper that organic food is too expensive so we should all eat chips. Amen.
LOL. Ok, that's funny.

CIMA
Ski style: NNN-BC
Favorite Skis: Rossignol XP100
Favorite boots: Fischer BC GT

Post by CIMA » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:12 pm

I found more examples here.

USA

Well, the issue seems to be more serious than I had imagined...
The flowing river never stops and yet the water never stays the same.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:31 pm

That's exactly what I remember and why I said the first one didn't look so bad. I don't even think we got a fruit cup though.

Tater tots, chicken nuggies, choco milk. You had the option of plain milk though.

We had salad bar once a week. It was just lettuce, croutons and salad dressing. It was usually the better alternative to whatever gruel they were serving for hot lunch.

Can anyone find a picture of 'turkey gravy'? It actually tasted OK but I can't imagine it was healthy in any way, shape or form.