Private Messaging (Telemark Talk)

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
Jurassien
Ski style: Nordic touring; Alpine touring
Favorite Skis: Too many!

Private Messaging (Telemark Talk)

Post by Jurassien » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:37 am

I'm confused about how the forum's Private Messaging functions.

Recently I have received and responded to a number of PMs. In some cases the response has gone straight off, by clicking on "Submit". In other cases I could see the response I had written, together with a time-stamp corresponding to the "Submit" time, but the message showed in the "Outbox" folder, instead of in the "Sent Messages" folder. I had one message which sat in the Outbox folder for about a day before showing in the Sent Messages, and another one (a response) which, according to the time-stamp, was sent two days ago but is still in the Outbox folder (and not in Sent Messages).

Does the presence of a message in the Outbox folder indicate that the recipient simply hasn't read it yet, or is there something else the sender needs to do to get the message to move? Why is there a discrepancy between the "Sent" time-stamp and the time the message shows up in the Sent Messages folder?

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Re: Private Messaging (Telemark Talk)

Post by connyro » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:35 pm

pms don't show up in the sent messaged folder until the recipient actually reads them. Until then, they stay in the outbox.

Jurassien
Ski style: Nordic touring; Alpine touring
Favorite Skis: Too many!

Re: Private Messaging (Telemark Talk)

Post by Jurassien » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:37 pm

connyro wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:35 pm
pms don't show up in the sent messaged folder until the recipient actually reads them. Until then, they stay in the outbox.
Thanks for the answer. That explains it.