$300-a-day lift ticket?

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
aclyon
Ski style: adapt or die

Re: $300-a-day lift ticket?

Post by aclyon » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:44 pm

Yamaska wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:27 pm
aclyon wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:13 pm
I'm convincing my friend to just "buy some boots" which by the way, you can't try on any where in the states
Why can’t he just walk into a sports store and try on boots? Maybe not in Florida but in snow country? Or aren’t they stocked in US stores at all? They are broadly available in Canadien sports stores like MEC and La Cordee.
Because in the US Nordic BC is virtually unknown. Here in South Lake Tahoe there is literally 1 store that carries the gear, they only have 2 boots (both mediocre, a Madshus and a Fischer), and the employees do not know what the hell they are talking about. I have exactly 1 ski buddy for Nordic BC. I see split boarders and AT skiers all the time, but never any Nordic BC'ers. And Xplore?? lol, not a chance of finding any of that gear or a ski shop employee who would even acknowledge its existence much less mount those bindings for you. Nordic BC needs way better marketing in the US!! I'm sure if people understood it better, it would be quite popular-- it's such a low production, low cost, simple and straight forward way of getting into the back country...

Yamaska

Re: $300-a-day lift ticket?

Post by Yamaska » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:02 pm

It’s not super common here but the gear is widely available at major sports stores in Quebec, Ontario, and New Brunswick. The selection is not good later in the season. There are 19 boots available at La Cordee Montréal today. The list might be half in February.

https://www.lacordee.com/fr/sports-d-hi ... ste?page=1

Ski hills suck a lot of oxygene out of local markets. The closer you are to a major hill, the more the selection is focus on alpine.