A public service announcement

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
MikeK

Re: A public service announcement

Post by MikeK » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:40 pm

Yes, yes... it's promised there will be tips for all. We're throwing around the ideas of calling the forum GardenTalk in the summer and back to TelemarkTalk in the winter - I actually thought it might be better if Ron is back to just call it ShitTalk for the whole year... I mean that pretty much covers everything he is about. It's really a great business model.

We're hoping Ron's negotiation and business savvy will secure us some advertisements on here from those two booming industries! Johnny told me Scarpa and Voile were dying for some ad time if Ron comes back to promote their products! It's really exciting times. Can you imagine what we could do with sponsors! Wow - we'll take all those other forums down, that's for sure!

Anyway on the other front Monsanto was promising us some new samples of their super strain, genetically modified, coca/cannabis hybrid seeds if Ron would provide them exclusive photo access to HIS garden! We only hope he'll say yes because crack is getting expensive these days and I'm about to quit my job and move to Washington so I can get legal weed and ski at the Lookout. I hear they have some pro there who's like in the top 98% - I hope he can give me some Ttips!

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:07 pm

I should add it was so dire that Johnny even thought about getting a job to help keep the forum going...

I begged him to change the 'Don't Donate' tab to reflect that of other forums just so it didn't have to come to what it has. It was really scary. To think an online community like Ttips/Ttalk gone in the blink of an eye...

I almost emailed Craig Dostie... but we knew he wouldn't help us. There was only one man for the job, and thank our lucky stars he was willing to come back if we told the Truth about how we set him up in the past and trashed his threads. It wasn't easy, but I swallowed my pride. I only hope it's enough...

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Not sure I am following the rationale... It feels like a «damned if you do, damned if you don't» sort of situation... Ron's pespectives are still — most of the time, not always though — a PITA. I am not sure I believe in his «redemption»... We will see...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:05 pm

I'm not sure why my penis is detachable and people don't understand my avatar. I blame our public school system. Nothing makes sense to me anymore :?

In other news my wife brought home a baby sloth and a penguin just landed in my front lawn.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:21 pm

Good job! April's fool... Gee, it's been a long time since I've been had like a school child like that... Didn't make sens anyway... Excellent!
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:24 pm

Ha - I didn't think anyone would actually buy it, but I figured we could get a laugh out of it none-the-less.

Sorry Teleman, I couldn't resist!

CIMA
Ski style: NNN-BC
Favorite Skis: Rossignol XP100
Favorite boots: Fischer BC GT

Post by CIMA » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:26 pm

It's April 2nd already, over here...
The flowing river never stops and yet the water never stays the same.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:27 pm

CIMA wrote:It's April 2nd already, over here...
Hmm... maybe what I wrote will come true then! :o

Ron Cole

Post by Ron Cole » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:59 am

April 2nd! I now have my own section!

Try me!
Username: Ron Cole
Password: betterthanyou

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:12 am

Is this somehow my penance for the joke?