A public service announcement

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
MikeK

A public service announcement

Post by MikeK » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:54 pm

On behalf of Johnny Love, I'd like to announce that Ron Cole is henceforth no longer banished from this forum. Johnny and I are actively working to reinstate his previous screen name, Raventele, and fix all his submissions via pictures that were backed up on the server. I'll personally be scouring his 'stoke' threads to clean all the extraneous comments made by various sock puppets over the last few years and fix all the broken links.

We both deeply regret the time we've missed with Ron. The forum is barely surviving without such hits as the 'Ski Lite / XCD' thread and 'Where are you???'. And who could forget the excellent advice on gear and ski technique. It's a sad state of affairs but Johnny pm'ed me that he'd have to close up shop if we didn't do something drastic... I told him we'd have to go back on our promise to the members who voted to have him banned... but Johnny wouldn't listen. He was adamant about saving his reputation and this forum at any cost... and I'm but a lowly deck hand on this ship, so I agreed.

To those of you who supported his leaving, I ask you to have patience and do your best to accommodate Ron's needs however you can. We simply can't have this happen again. Telemark is a dying sport after all, and we need all the stoke we can get.

Thanks so much for your support and please do your best to support us in this time of transition.

Regards,
MikeK!

Teleman

Re: A public service announcement

Post by Teleman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:14 pm

I believe! In the pictured Easter bunny!!!!!!!!!!! TM

connyro
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:15 pm

I heard a rumor that he will be the new forum moderator. I thought it was weird because he is doing so well enhancing the tele community with his new forum. I guess we all need to quiet down now and let him tell us how to ski properly.
pfroncole.jpg

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:16 pm

connyro wrote:I heard a rumor that he will be the new forum moderator.
It's true. And I'll most likely be banished!

connyro

Post by connyro » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:24 pm

MikeK wrote:
connyro wrote:I heard a rumor that he will be the new forum moderator.
It's true. And I'll most likely be banished!
Most likely? It's a slam-dunk! What will you end up doing? You could start your own forum where you talk to yourself and curse at strangers.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:29 pm

connyro wrote: Most likely? It's a slam-dunk! What will you end up doing? You could start your own forum where you talk to yourself and curse at strangers.
I think you'll be on that list too. Good thing admins can't be banned or else Johnny might be in trouble too!

I'm pretty sure I'll give up skiing... I'm not good at it anyway and without a forum to wave my dick around in I think I'm sunk. Guess it's snowshoes for this dude!

1EyedJack
Ski style: On my butt

Post by 1EyedJack » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Thank you soooooo much for bringing Rav'nLunatic back.
I am anxiously awaiting his 2015 Gardening thread.
Quick preview of things to come:

"everybody's a genius" - albert einstein

connyro

Post by connyro » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:34 pm

1EyedJack wrote:Thank you soooooo much for bringing Rav'nLunatic back.
I am anxiously awaiting his 2015 Gardening thread.
Quick preview of things to come:

hahaha.jpg

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:15 pm

The garden thread was big contribution. It's the only damn thing that got this forum through the summer months. I've talked to Ron offline and he's assured me that this year will be better than last.

He might even do a special installment how to grow your own dope because he knows Johnny and I are both crackheads and hard core stoners!

I really hope you guys don't think I'm kidding on account of the date... we hope to have everything back to normal by tomorrow afternoon.

connyro

Post by connyro » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:26 pm

MikeK wrote:The garden thread was big contribution. It's the only damn thing that got this forum through the summer months. I've talked to Ron offline and he's assured me that this year will be better than last.

He might even do a special installment how to grow your own dope because he knows Johnny and I are both crackheads and hard core stoners!

I really hope you guys don't think I'm kidding on account of the date... we hope to have everything back to normal by tomorrow afternoon.
Well thank christ he's back then. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to grow a garden that's worth a shit this year without the guidance and expertise of our favorite genius!