MissionRidgeBen'nJerryIMeanAaronandWilly!

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

MissionRidgeBen'nJerryIMeanAaronandWilly!

Post by Raventele » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:28 am

Ben,
You wondered about coverage there? It sucks..By contrast
with other resorts areas up here , it always sux! A paltry
200 in of snowfall on an average year..bet it has barely
had 24in. all this very odd season! But they do make snow
because if they didn't..well.. :lol: :lol:
Come ski with me and Billy ..local areas average 300 inches, with
lookout @ 400! Man snow!!

Hey willy, where are you? did your recent banning take the wind from your sails
permanently ?? :lol: :lol: Cheer up bro, you're back in in March! WH is waiting for
you!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

nurse ben

Re: MissionRidgeBen'nJerryIMeanAaronandWilly!

Post by nurse ben » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:22 am

So you found a place where you won't get banned?

Snow is snow, there is more to my life than sliding, in reality I ride two to three times more than I ski, so Wenatchee is going to be a nice mix of the two. We chose Wenatchee because it's a nice place to live, just enough town to keep it interesting without having so much new development as to make it too fast/big over the next few decades.

But yeah, I'll come play with you someday, just try not getting banned so I have a way to contact you ;)

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:43 pm

Ben, sure boring over there at the Ttips stronghold/rest home they call, what is it ? I forget.."Help me select some ski pants", good fkin god! BTW, Could you ask Matt to stop with the crazy amount of effects he uses on those watermarked pix of his ? makes me dizzy just viewing one..In fact tell him to drop the damned watermark ..I am sure no one will steal them !!
Here, I'll show ya what I mean..This whole thing looks like it's made of plastic..If I wanted to see the world like this , I would eat some Peyote buttons! :lol: :lol:

nurse ben

Post by nurse ben » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:36 pm

sadly it's boring on all the forums, perhaps it's a sign of the times?

I'm busy with a move, not time to play for at least a couple more weeks.

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:07 am

No Ben, it's a "sign" of the runaway censorship you and all the old Telemarktips cliques that
now dominate EYT clamour(ed) for.. :roll: You got the colourless boredom, the bland conformity you all
sought..

nurse ben

Post by nurse ben » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:01 pm

I see your point, things are quieter with the bad boys silenced, but the forum thing has been dead for more than a little while, it started dying in the days preceding my final banning from TTips (aka Mitch's place), and it was finished well before Mitch took the big walk.

I'd like to think it can be reborn, but between the bad blood, cliques, etc... and just the plain "worn out" nature of what makes for good time camaraderie. All of the tele forums are dead, perhaps it parallels the decline in telemarkers?

In the bend it is just a forum, it's not like it changes anything in our real lives or affects our skiing. It was nice when it was nice, but what we have now is not really anything to write home about. There was a time when I was "proud" to advertise myself as a TTipster, but that was a few years ago, so much water has passed ... it's all kinda done.

I'll miss the spirited discussions, I'll chime in of course when there's talk of gear, and who knows, maybe this forum will be reborn?

Flying the coop in two days, wish me luck!

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:02 pm

nurse ben wrote:I see your point, things are quieter with the bad boys silenced, but the forum thing has been dead for more than a little while, it started dying in the days preceding my final banning from TTips (aka Mitch's place), and it was finished well before Mitch took the big walk.

I'd like to think it can be reborn, but between the bad blood, cliques, etc... and just the plain "worn out" nature of what makes for good time camaraderie. All of the tele forums are dead, perhaps it parallels the decline in telemarkers?

In the bend it is just a forum, it's not like it changes anything in our real lives or affects our skiing. It was nice when it was nice, but what we have now is not really anything to write home about. There was a time when I was "proud" to advertise myself as a TTipster, but that was a few years ago, so much water has passed ... it's all kinda done.

I'll miss the spirited discussions, I'll chime in of course when there's talk of gear, and who knows, maybe this forum will be reborn?

Flying the coop in two days, wish me luck!
Hagiographic considerations aside (Saint Mitch and all) what killed Ttips was not snark ;
that's what kept it going long after it should have collapsed..Its demise can be traced to
the all the cool dude subgroups that dominated the place and turned it into a closed club.
Those groups were "experts" of natures intolerant from the great states of Colorado
and California..There was honestly nothing "open" about the forum..You conformed 100%
to the creed or you "suffered" the wrath of orthodoxy..Folks from across the nation and our
friends from the north, all equally outsiders, sat back, shook their heads and had a damned
good laugh..People from across the seas (mostly European) were often befuddled by the
intolerance and arrogance of the Rocky Mountain Highs and the Urmas Mammoths as they told the
world how to ski, and where, when and why ! Ski fun had met religion ..Zealotry, bigotry, intolerance..
It's an old old story, no ?
Eyt is now insufferably boring because the remnant cliques of Ttips have now taken over and driven
out any dissenting or honestly critical voices.. :lol: :lol:
Damned cold here but much snow coming this week again..
Look me and Billy and Teledance up when you want to come explore..Actually a
forum can change your life: you can meet some fun folks to ski with and ski
new places due to forum contacts..
It's almost always colder at lookout Pass than Mission Ridge!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

nurse ben

Post by nurse ben » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Winter is coming, the cool air rolled in a few weeks ago, then quickly left, but we have had some snow up high in the alpine wilderness.

I have been busy with a remodel, riding bikes and hiking when I get a break, we should have everything under control before the snow really starts falling.

I'm looking at picking up some "light tele" for the places close to harm that don't warrant burly gear.

My resort days are dwindling, I can barely tolerant waiting in lines and riding a cold lift, esp when the alternative is simply walking up the hill.

So far I really love it here, the people are nice, the weather is good, even the job is not too bad.

I have yet to see anyone I know from "the old days" and I can't say that I miss a thing :)

Telemark is dead, so is unicycling, sooner or later we will also be dead. Shit happens!

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Oh , Hey Ben!
Just noticed your most recent post!
Snowed some a couple days ago above 5500 or so over here!
Come ski with me and the gang ..locally you won't be stuck in any lines for any time if at all..enlessly fun SC!
:D
P.S. the old gang that took over at EYT have driven many off by now and the rest they are killing with boredom and backbiting..So, ya ain't missin' much..just sayin' ..Hell , even Aaron left!
"News" is that FHW holds court in some NY Ski forum (where a thinly-disguised Climbhoser, by no mere coincidence it seems, also hangs) , BTW..