OK Rokjox, fess up, we know it was you!

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!

Rokjox

Re: OK Rokjox, fess up, we know it was you!

Post by Rokjox » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:59 am

I swear I thought I made a three paragraph response to this, where'd it go?

Really, did it get deleted due to Content? WTF?

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:28 pm

I don't think I ever deleted a single post anywhere on the board...

Mike, did you delete any Rokjox posts? Was it that bad? :D
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:26 pm

Nope - I didn't delete it. Only thing I delete is sold items and my own stupidity.

I have an alibi as well, I was away on a trip since Sat morning :)

From the log, this is the last thing that was deleted:

MikeK 67.244.151.242 Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:06 am Deleted topic “Free Tele-Vates! And they're gone.” written by
» televisionary

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:49 pm

Also ironically (or not) enough I was off shitting in the woods AND NOT starting it on fire :mrgreen:

Rokjox

Post by Rokjox » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 pm

OK, I got no reason to not believe you, Its just that, as most of my stuff, I edit after a first draft and fiddle around with the output, format and such. I entered and edited that post a few times, adding to it as is my habit. Damn if its not gone. You guys can bet you are the only ones calling me out by name on this, I couldn't have screwed that up, ((could I?)) It got gone and I didn't delete it (knowingly).

It wadn't that rough, mostly about how that guy (bet it wuss a girl) who set the fire was a F'IDIOT, and how rediculous it is to try and burn a handfull of shit covered paper while sitting in a tinderbox. A short missive on how a real man uses a handful of rocks and grass to clean hisself, and how if'n its a girl, "leave no trace" means "pack it out". You should not be screwing with trying to burn wet, shitty paper in the hot dry grass, Morons!

Put it a plastic bag and DO NOT leave it sitting beside the trail. Take all plastic bags out. I see WHAY too many little green bags laying around, and its NOT NICE TO BURN YOUR SHIT, EITHER.

OH, and I mentioned how better it is just to take the shit off the trail, far enough away that it will have a chance to nicely dry out and get nibbled up by the local critters. High in protein and damn tasty compared to most of what the critters get to eat.

Why do you think dogs eat shit? It tastes good to them. Simple really. The world has been buried in shit for jilzillions of years and it all has turned into swweet birds and trees and stuff, get used to it, you live and breathe shit all the time. Fucking people, who the hell thinks a burning wad of paper and shit is better than a quiet little dried pile sitting under a small rock for a few days/weeks?

Oh, and I mentioned HOW STAUPID this was.

But I condensed that shee better the first time. Smaller pile. Dry-er.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:40 pm

Rokjox wrote:OK, I got no reason to not believe you, Its just that, as most of my stuff, I edit after a first draft and fiddle around with the output, format and such. I entered and edited that post a few times, adding to it as is my habit. Damn if its not gone. You guys can bet you are the only ones calling me out by name on this, I couldn't have screwed that up, ((could I?)) It got gone and I didn't delete it (knowingly).
If your car was as reliable as your computer or it's software, we'd still be using horse and buggies.

Also I'm not sayin' you don't know how to use your computer, but the numbers are probably far higher than shitty drivers...

So likely the computer and/or software are poorly engineered, unreliable shit that changes every week because people will buy this crap and some 20 year old billionaires know it and/or we're all too stupid to know how to fully utilize this amazing gift of computational power and pilfer it away on talking about gay ski ballet and posting funny pictures with words attached to them.

My belief is it's a little bit of both...

Rokjox

Post by Rokjox » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:12 am

I have an alternative explanation to my being an idiot, no matter how likely it is.

What is the chance that someone deleted the post who didn't TELL you? I can think of several possibilities.

One is that someone other than yourself (2 guys?) has the keys to the store. If you are using a dirt standard version of this software you may have the same passwords and someone else knows them. Another possibility occurred to me as I read some TOS boilerplate that said that talk about fag bashing, dislike of politically correct topics and posts on Fecal issues of some sort are forbiddeen. Is it possible that your UBERMensch deleted my posts as being too copro-specific? (Despite the TOPIC being burning used TP and setting range fires inside what is essentially a city park?)

I think you should try and find out... how can you say you encourage free speech and adult discourse if someone else is running the show behind your backs? Do you actually have the control you think you do, or is somebody actually got their hand up your ass and is running you like a puppet show?

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:54 am

Ahh yes, the ubermensch!

Well other than sexual preference, racism, and sexism I don't give two shits one way or another. Obviously a little of that slips here and there and is part of humor in this country. Those who have been oppressed by such things and live under the guise of 'freedom and equality' may be a little bit more sensitive, and I can understand that, so I try to respect their basic human rights as much as I can.

However I cannot change your mind on those issues, and you are free to agree or disagree with them. If it becomes a problem where you attack, or offend other people, then maybe it might become my problem, and I'll surely tell you. My track record shows I'm not shy about confronting people about that and it won't change.

I'm not the boss, I don't own this place, and I don't want to. I can edit and delete posts and topics but I won't unless you really, really are causing some sort of ruckus. I'd probably just talk to you first, like any human being would, and see the issue could be resolved via compromise.

As far as people hacking or hijacking these forums. It could happen I suppose, but this place is so small and obscure that I doubt anyone really cares. The amount of effort to try to brainwash a few autistic skitards seems like more than anyone would put forth... and it wouldn't work. It would more be an annoyance like a fly or a leach. Easily avoided.

I suggest if you want to put a lot of time into your posts, then write them out in word or copy and paste them in a text file frequently; this software and the servers are notoriously unreliable. I've had what you say happen to me multiple times. Usually I don't care and just move onto my next random thought. None of this is earth shattering or very important anyway, so I don't lose much sleep over a lost post.

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:33 pm

RJ, you've had problems posting here before and on other ski forums (eyt) so I would suspect the error(s) lies with you and not with a behind the scenes underworld conspiracy. Occam's razor and all...