Crispi Svartisen BC

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Re: Crispi Svartisen BC

Post by lilcliffy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Awesome boot.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:12 am

Forgot to write an update on these boots based on the last ski with them.

Really found their sweet spot for turning the skis. My cramping went away and actually felt like I could have tied them a bit tighter. I didn't ski with a sock liner, and that may have been the difference (it's really thin though...).

What I found was with these boots if I got out of control and the skis started skidding or bouncing around, I could recover them much easier. Typically what you'd expect for a boot with more 'power'. Holding the ski on edge was no issue.

One negative I did find was that my heel was starting to get a bit raw after about two hours of mostly just climbing and descending short hills. Not really much of any flat K+G. I *think* this may have been how I had them tied and it actually seemed worse on the boot where I had the heel strap (the lower strap) cranked down a bit tighter. My theory is it was actually putting too much pressure on my heel forcing it back into the heel of the boot. I also, as I said, didn't have liners and it was really warm and my feet were quite sweaty. Might just be a perfect storm of those things but I felt like I was on the verge of blistering. Inspecting my feet post ski, no blister or sign of one, but I don't think it was far off.

Again this is the price you pay for stiff soles. Perhaps in time they will loosen a bit, and perhaps I'll never have an issue, but I hate blisters with a passion. I'd be quite disappointed if these boots started shredding my heels.

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:08 pm

MikeK wrote: Again this is the price you pay for stiff soles. Perhaps in time they will loosen a bit, and perhaps I'll never have an issue, but I hate blisters with a passion. I'd be quite disappointed if these boots started shredding my heels.
I highly recommend a pair of Ezeefit's. They are cheap and so light. Good to have them handy if need be. They are a life changer for anyone with first hand experience with blisters. +, they add a little bulk at the ankle, which allows for a tigher fit, very useful in the softer XCD shoes.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM