Fischer Country Crown

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
Cannatonic

Re: Fischer Country Crown

Postby Cannatonic » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:06 pm

these skis are unusual - not what I thought they would be. Not sure I'm going to mount them up. They seem very soft flexing and not much camber - less than E99's.

lilcliffy

Postby lilcliffy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Yeah- I have only tried these skis a couple of times- but I also observed that they were softer than the E-99- and MUCH softer than the E-89.
The pursuit of XCD balance: cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry

Cannatonic

Postby Cannatonic » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:50 pm

the feather-light weight is definitely nice, but I've never seen a cross-country ski this much like a wet noodle, I doubt it will have much spring or enery to it. Probably goes over uneven surfaces smoothly though.

I have the Breidablikks and I'm thinking this ski may not be much faster. The edgeless E89-type ski seems to have gone extinct.

Reading over other peoples' comments makes me want to try them. 210cm skis this light....on a cold wax day it would be fun.

Return to “Community Ski Reviews”