Ski Review: Altai Kom 162cm

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
fisheater

XCD Pinhead

Re: Ski Review: Altai Kom 162cm

Postby fisheater » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:45 pm

Gareth, I think you will be very pleased with the Storetind. Now that is based on assumptions I am making based on the FT 62. I would wax a little on the cold side in the pocket (yes, it is single cambered, correct). I know the next time out on the FT 62 I will wax a little cold. A tin of warmer and a cork fit in my pocket. I look forward to another good review.

Woodserson

XCD Guide

Re: Ski Review: Altai Kom 162cm

Postby Woodserson » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Just spent a day roaring around frontside on my KOM's in delicious spring corn and riding the lift. Sure, they chattered a bit at speed over pushed-up piles of sweet spring corn and jump around a bit more but interestingly they still give confidence because of their short length, the lever arm is shorter so they don't go pulling legs apart. I also paralleled them today which is something I almost have never done and they were very well behaved doing this too. Damn! Everytime I go for them, I don't come away disappointed. It's a weird thing. I forgot my regular skis and had these in the trunk and the first run I was a little bummed out- especially since I was skiing with my ski bud on his Vectors (smooth base). But he slowed up just a bit and I sped the KOMs up, and we had a great day!

Telemark patrol woman (who I happen to know) said I made it look so good! YEAH, KUDOS!

Return to “Community Ski Reviews”