Asnes Rabb 68 Ski Review

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
aquamogal
XCD Enthusiast
XCD Enthusiast

Re: Asnes Rabb 68 Ski Review

Post by aquamogal » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:33 pm

So now I am leaning more towards 180 as it may track a bit better and still turn easy but maybe not as easy as 172. The 172 sounds like it just wants to turn and is a bit nervous.
The Asnes guide reads 10cm taller than height and with my height it’s a bit more than that Thoughts ?

Andy M
XCD Enthusiast
XCD Enthusiast

Post by Andy M » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:01 am

What Asnes guide are you looking at? On the Rabb 68 page on the Asnes site, it recommends going with a length similar to your height.

aquamogal
XCD Enthusiast
XCD Enthusiast

Post by aquamogal » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:00 pm

Andy M
XCD Enthusiast
XCD Enthusiast

Post by Andy M » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:16 am

Thanks for the link -- I inferred from your post that Asnes was recommending a Rabb 68 ski length 10 cm longer than your height -- period. But in the text on the link you provided, for wider skis like the Rabb 68, they are recommending plus or minus 5 to 10 cm from your height. And in the table below that, they appear to suggest staying within 5 cm of your height.

And, as I mentioned in my post, the Rabb 68 page suggests a length similar to your height:
https://www.en.asnes.com/produkt/rabb-68/

Of course, all of these suggestions are only guidelines, and, as others have said in other threads, it really depends on what you are using these for (e.g, turns in steeper glades vs. long, rolling tours) -- and, also, it depends on your skill level, whether you're carrying a heavier pack, whether you are heavier than normal for your height, etc. But you probably already know all of this.

Looking at your past posts, I would get the 172 if I were you, assuming that you are getting it primarily for touring with lots of turns (perhaps on more challenging slopes) vs. touring with occasional turns (on more gentle slopes).