Asnes Rabb 68 Ski Review

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
Verskis
XCD Pinhead
XCD Pinhead
Ski style: XCD touring, yo-yoing small hills
Favorite Skis: Åsnes Rabb 68
Favorite boots: Alico Ski March

Re: Asnes Rabb 68 Ski Review

Post by Verskis » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:17 am

Johnny wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:09 pm
Verskis wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:43 am
Maybe the narrower ones really do glide nicely, but at least my 58mm mohair X-skins were a bit of a letdown regarding glide.
Yep, skins are skins... In order to achieve a cool glide with short skins, it's important to remember that you need a ski with a good, strong camber. Your Rabbs are flat, alpine cambered skis, so of course the skins will always drag a bit no matter where you take them... Try the pink Race X-Skins, they are my favorites, they glide better than the mohair... And try skin wax if you need even more glide...
Actually, my plan is to avoid skins as much as possible this winter. In cold snow, kick wax (on the whole base) usually gives me suitable grip, and I have just ordered fishscaled S-Bound 98's for the warmer snow days. I hope the fishscales will be nicer than the skins.
I only plan to use the Intelligrip skins on my rock skis, when the snow is thin and warm.