- XCD KNIGHT
- Posts: 2239
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:20 pm
- Location: Stanley, New Brunswick, Canada
- Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring
- Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad BC; Asnes Gamme 54 BC; Asnes Storetind Carbon
- Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska; Scarpa T4
- Occupation: Forestry Professional
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger
These were given to me a gift from my dear friends- whose father makes these in Saint John New Brunswick, Canada. These are beautifully made wool insoles- designed and made by a master shoemaker with expertise in orthopedic footwear.
They are comfortable, supportive, breathable, absorbent, and WARM!
These are the best winter insoles I have ever seen- far better than my red winter superfeet.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.
- XCD KNIGHT
- Posts: 1048
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:31 am
- Location: Rimouski, Québec
- Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
- Favorite Skis: Fisher E99, Åsnes Ingstad & Cecilie, K2 Wayback 88
- Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar
- Website: http://living-laponia.tumblr.com
I hear they are 1/4 inch throughout. If I recall, you have low volume feet. Do you think these would work for someone with normal volume feet and winter socks in the tele/nordic boots you own?
To you reckon it is easy to shave material off the bottom if required?
Do you think Pink is warmer than Red? I'm sure its FASTER!!!