Voile Objective BC- good grip, not a full review but thoughts

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Voile Objective BC- good grip, not a full review but thoughts

Post by Woodserson » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 pm

Nitram Tocrut wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:27 pm

Just want to go in the same direction as Woods concerning the length of this ski. I tried the smooth 178 and sure was a lot of fun on a couple of inches of fresh snow over frozen ground. But when I tried them on about 16 inches of bottomless fresh snow I really had to find a steep slope to make them going. My guess is that a longer Objectives would really helped for heavier skier like me. Just for fun I mentioned that to Voile and they sais they would pass along the idea to the right people... I don’t hold my breath waiting for a longer Objectives but I think it’s worth asking and the more we say it the more likely we can get a longer one... of course I would not buy them as I already have too many skis :lol:
I have decided instead of a longer Objective, just ski a V6 in the same or longer length. But harder to drive with leathers, if that's your thing.

But the V6 is beautiful skiing.

Nitram Tocrut
Ski style: Backyard XC skiing if that is a thing
Favorite Skis: Sverdrup and MT51
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska NNNBC

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:27 pm

Woodserson wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 pm
Nitram Tocrut wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:27 pm
I have decided instead of a longer Objective, just ski a V6 in the same or longer length. But harder to drive with leathers, if that's your thing.

But the V6 is beautiful skiing.
I could swear I would have got the very same answer from @lilcliffy ;)

I just wonder if they would be long enough at 183 for the BC version which I would get IF i ever CONSIDER buying a V6. Does the flex, the geometry and the length of the 183 V6 BC be much of a difference for a 210 pounds guy like me as compared to the 178 Objectives?

This COVID thing really has to stop so that we can all visit you and try all your skis... but we would have to stay for at least a week ;)

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:44 pm

Nitram Tocrut wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:27 pm

I could swear I would have got the very same answer from lilcliffy ;)

I just wonder if they would be long enough at 183 for the BC version which I would get IF i ever CONSIDER buying a V6. Does the flex, the geometry and the length of the 183 V6 BC be much of a difference for a 210 pounds guy like me as compared to the 178 Objectives?

This COVID thing really has to stop so that we can all visit you and try all your skis... but we would have to stay for at least a week ;)
You're the farmer and you have more snow. I'm going to come to you, camp out in the back40, and I'll bring all my stuff.

I don't know, 183 could work for you, they might be a bit short too. You could probably go either 183 or 188.

I use my 178's in tight trees east coast, mellow skiing. I use 183 faster skiing more aggressive, deeper snow.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:08 pm

If they would let me across the border I could bring a 187 Tindan. Not too long, turns by just thinking about it, and floats my 190 lbs. Oh yeah, it only takes a little blue wax to kick along too!

Nitram Tocrut
Ski style: Backyard XC skiing if that is a thing
Favorite Skis: Sverdrup and MT51
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska NNNBC

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:01 pm

fisheater wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:08 pm
If they would let me across the border I could bring a 187 Tindan. Not too long, turns by just thinking about it, and floats my 190 lbs. Oh yeah, it only takes a little blue wax to kick along too!
It would be great to have a more in depth review of your Tindan. You talked it a couple of times over TTalk but not specifically in the Tindan review thread. @Woodserson it would be great if you could compare both the Objectives and the Tindan. Maybe you did but I don’t recall reading it. As for visiting it would be a pleasure to have the visit of fellow
TTalker. I for one is dreaming about skiing where Tom M shot his videos and the famous snow paradise of LilCliffy... that will come in due time...

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:35 pm

@Nitram Tocrut Martin my Québécois brother. I can only tell you in regards to the Tindan, that it does indeed have the same underfoot tension that gives the FT that kick and glide in soft snow. However it is supportive in deep snow. It turns easily in deep snow.
I have made a effort to put some time in on the Tindan, however for me it is more of a tourist ski. However it was fun to break trail in a foot of cold dry powder, and it skied downhill quite nicely. We had a big meltdown end of last week, finishing with rain on Sunday. I put some mile in Friday and Saturday, but my trails are now not skiable, and I would consider a good layer of ice kind of skiable. That klister is pretty amazing stuff. I just wish it would slide off my fingers as good as it glides on snow. I just carry a sandwich bag with baby powder, problem solved.
Do you still have good snow? Maybe I mail the Tindan to you??? You write the review and send them back.
I will probably be driving several hours just to trail ski the next couple of weeks. Then the waters of the southern Great Lakes will start to warm in the shallows, I will sadly say good bye to winter, but then hopefully the fishing rod will thump, and I will enjoy a gift from The Lakes.

Peace and be well.