- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:20 pm
- Location: Stanley, New Brunswick, Canada
- Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring
- Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad BC; Asnes Gamme 54 BC; Asnes Storetind Carbon; Madshus Annum; Asnes Comabt Nato
- Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance BC; Alpina Alaska BC; Crispi Svartisen BC; Scarpa T4
- Occupation: Forestry Professional
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.
I live within sight of Lake Superior a few miles up the shore from Duluth Minnesota. I've been lurking here for a few years, I think i came across the forum while discovering the sweet USGI ski deal. I picked up 2 pairs and mounted one with Rotte magnums and the other with Viole's with removable cables. Fun skis that I like to try different things with. Because the cost was so low I'm willing to experiment with these. My latest hair brained scheme is to router out an opening in front of the wax pocket that mimics Fisher's Easy Skin mounting hole. Then seal the exposed wood. A thinner mohair skin for performance k&g and a fat nylon one for towing a toboggan in the BWCA. I searched the forum for this mod, but didn't see it. I would love any feedback before I attempt it! I gotta think this ski will still be plenty strong. I have 2 skin skis the longer Hoks and some Madshus Fjelltech M50's. The Madshus' are a touring track ski for me with some off track and i really like the almost kick wax feel and speed of the recessed skin. I wonder about the performance of a skin like the easy skin that sits on top?
I enjoy the passion and wealth of knowledge on this forum!
- Posts: 1467
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:31 am
- Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
- Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
- Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar
Ok, well I have a couple of other pair that I've only used a few times each, and they are in fine shape too.
The camber on all of these skis seems very consistent and predictable pair to pair in the same size--of course I've no way to actually measure that, more anecdotal than anything else.