The TeleWiki Discussion thread

The ultimate telemark knowledge base and encyclopedia. All you need to know about free-heel skiing. History, technical terms, glossary, how-to's and tips. Just the facts, no opinions. Your #1 place to start for everything tele.
Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

The TeleWiki Discussion thread

Post by Johnny » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:51 am

I thought it would be a good idea to gather all the information at the same place. There's a lot of precious information discussed on the forum, (and elsewhere on the net) but it's sometimes hard to find back. Having all the useful stuff indexed in this section will make it much more easier for everyone. The idea here is to share knowledge...

Feel free to write new articles or update what's already here... Or make special requests...? 8-)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Smitty
Ski style: Bushwhacking
Favorite Skis: Asnes Nansen
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska

Re: The TeleWiki Discussion thread

Post by Smitty » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:33 pm

Hey gents,

I've been thinking about a wiki request if any of you have time and are interested - maybe even next offseason?

Not particularly XCD per se, but is anyone interested in compiling a wooden ski prep, care, and offseason blocking tutorial thread? Or is there a thread going already in the older annals of the forum that I might have missed? I know woodenskis.com has some good information, but thought it might be interesting to have some back-and-forth technique or opinion sharing on here.

I got thinking about this when I picked up a pair of Asnes Tur-Langrenn at a consignment store that look to be in good shape. Me, the father-in-law, and my Wife's Granda' plan to pull a couple of their old pairs of woodies out of the shed and get them tuned up this year. But it's been 30 years since either of them have worked with woodies, so it's should prove to to be an interesting process!

Cheers,
Smitty

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 pm

Smitty, why not start of a general thread yourself in the general discussion board, and then you can compile all the info and create your very first TeleWiki Thread!!!!

There are many woody fancing lurking in the deeper physche at many TTalkers so the information is here. I for one own a few, have restored and prepped them. I think I also have an extra can of pine tar kicking around. at the time it was hard to find in canada, so if your interested, let me know.

Ben
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Smitty
Ski style: Bushwhacking
Favorite Skis: Asnes Nansen
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska

Post by Smitty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:40 pm

bgregoire wrote:Smitty, why not start of a general thread yourself in the general discussion board, and then you can compile all the info and create your very first TeleWiki Thread!!!!
Sounds good Ben, will do!
bgregoire wrote:I think I also have an extra can of pine tar kicking around. at the time it was hard to find in canada, so if your interested, let me know.
Damn, I should have reached out on the forum about the pine tar! I did have a hard time finding any locally or in Edmonton. But I ended up ordering some from http://solventfreepaint.ca/ . It should be here any day now!

エイダン.シダル

Post by エイダン.シダル » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:00 pm

bgregoire wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 pm
Smitty, why not start of a general thread yourself in the general discussion board, and then you can compile all the info and create your very first TeleWiki Thread!!!!

There are many woody fancing lurking in the deeper physche at many TTalkers so the information is here. I for one own a few, have restored and prepped them. I think I also have an extra can of pine tar kicking around. at the time it was hard to find in canada, so if your interested, let me know.

Ben
Start that thread! I'm in.

I haven't got to ski them yet, but dicking around on Toronto area Kijiji last spring, I picked up:
- used Åsnes Tur-Langrenn, I've put new Voile Mountaineer bindings on
- never mounted Bonna 1800 (!) I've put NNN BC bindings on

I found pine tar in Canada, here:
https://shop.trackntrail.ca/start-pine-tar.html

So far, all I've done is mounted them, tarred them, and crayoned on blue glide wax, and base binder in the grip zone.

エイダン.シダル

Post by エイダン.シダル » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:14 pm

And I've got the pine tar to spare if someone's on the west side of the Toronto GTA.