hoping to find 7tm Power Tours

Want to sell some telemark and backcountry ski gear? Looking to buy or to trade? For years now this has been the best place on the web for telemark and backcountry skiers looking to buy or sell previously owned gear. Private party, used gear posts only, please.
iheartnorthidaho

hoping to find 7tm Power Tours

Post by iheartnorthidaho » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:57 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the blog this morning and hoping someone might be able to help me track down a new or gently used pair of 7tm Power Tour bindings.

Hours of searching online has left me at a bit of a dead end (as I am guessing is normal when searching for a discontinued binding)...

Any tips on how I can track down a pair for purchase? Does anyone out there in TeleTalk land have a pair they'd be willing to sell?

Thanks!

Puls

Re: hoping to find 7tm Power Tours

Post by Puls » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:01 pm

I understand the struggle, I am also searching for a pair for a while...

I have contacted the shop back in France where I use to buy my 7tm gears and they told me that they never know if and when they will get 7tm gears for the season. 7tm is kind of dead or dying so it is very difficult to get any info... tHeir website has not been updated for years.

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/taxono ... /brand/7tm

TomH

Post by TomH » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Why exactly are you set on the 7tm? Lots of other really good/better options out there, unless the DIN release is an absolute must have for you. And as you're finding, parts and bindings are getting pretty scarce for those.

With that being said, you'll poll a bigger sample size if you post something over at the backcountry talk forum on earnyourturns, as there's a bigger population of the 'heavy' tele crowd over there versus the more XCD focus over here.

Puls

Post by Puls » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Personally I like those 7tm because they have all the functions of the NTN without the need to change all the gears I have yet.

-Step-in
-Ski breaks
-Releasable
-Touring
-1 biding pair for several pair of skis with adaptation plates

Eventually my boots will die and my skis will wear out and I will switch the wife and I on NTN.

jzahnny

Post by jzahnny » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:09 am

Are you-all still looking for these. I can check with a friend. I think he may have one or two lightly used pairs.

Puls

Post by Puls » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:32 pm

Yes I am still interested, please PM me the info.
Thanks!