WTB K2 waybacks

Want to sell some telemark and backcountry ski gear? Looking to buy or to trade? For years now this has been the best place on the web for telemark and backcountry skiers looking to buy or sell previously owned gear. Private party, used gear posts only, please.
FourthCoast
Ski style: 40-Year-Old Poser

WTB K2 waybacks

Post by FourthCoast » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:26 pm

I like my K2 super stinx but they are pretty beat up. I am concerned the base may delaminate.

I would like to find something about the same but less used.

I have Switchback X2s with short and long rods and telebry plates to trade or I can pay cash.

Please let me know if you are looking to sell a ski that is 170ish length and about the same weight and design as the stinx and waybacks.

Scott.

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Re: WTB K2 waybacks

Post by phoenix » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:08 am

Hi Scott,

I've got a pair of K2 Shuksans, 167's, that I think would work really well for you. I've been skiing K2's for around 20 years, and have had the Super's, Work Stinx, Piste Stinx, and currently Waybacks. The Shuksan's will feel familiar to you right off the bat; they're very similar to the Super's but 78mm waist rather than 70mm (super's).
They're a very fine all mtn ski for these parts (VT). Precise, and forgiving at the same time, with a big sweet spot. Weight is around 7 lbs per pair, which I think is pretty close to the Super's (and to be clear, I'm assuming you're not talking about the red and white Super's... I skied those a few times and it's the one ski I really didn't like).

They're in very good condition, never had a core shot or hard hit. I was a ski tech for many years and kept them tuned and waxed regularly. Plus, I just never beat up my skis. I was planning on selling them with the 7tm Power Tour's (releasable, free pivot), but would consider separating.

There's some food for thought, let me know if you're interested - glad to answer any questions, and open to a phone conversation if you want.

joe

stec06

Post by stec06 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:53 pm

I've got some mint Wayback 96s in 184cm...skied maybe two or three times. Too long for ya?

FourthCoast

Post by FourthCoast » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:06 am

phoenix wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:08 am
[...]Hi Scott,

I've got a pair of K2 Shuksans, 167's [...]
I have some Atomic Beta Ride TM EX that are around 167-ish. I am happy with this ski. I would really like to have something just a little longer. Thank you for the response. I would always like to have more skis ... but I can't really spend money on something like your Shuksans right now.

FourthCoast

Post by FourthCoast » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:12 am

stec06 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:53 pm
I've got some mint Wayback 96s in 184cm...skied maybe two or three times. Too long for ya?
Hi stec06,

I sent you a PM about these skis.

It turns out the skis I have are actually Heli Stinx and not Super Stinx. K2 got a lot of use out of that 'Stinx' model name.

I would really like something just a hair under 180cm. But I have good memories of my 185cm K2s that I skied in the mid 90s. Please respond to my PM. I am interested in your Wayback 96s at 184cm.

stec06

Post by stec06 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:02 pm

Replied. Here's a pic!
IMG_20190828_192733.jpg