Pending: Fischer Outtabounds Crown 179cm in CO

Want to sell some telemark and backcountry ski gear? Looking to buy or to trade? For years now this has been the best place on the web for telemark and backcountry skiers looking to buy or sell previously owned gear. Private party, used gear posts only, please.
Bavarian Cream
Ski style: Predominantly backcountry XCD: NNN-BC, 3-pin
Favorite Skis: Depends, but anything with scales that turns
Favorite boots: Leather; T2 or lighter
Website: https://youtube.com/channel/UCqcLpcwu0moS3QVQzAkMbTQ

Pending: Fischer Outtabounds Crown 179cm in CO

Post by Bavarian Cream » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:58 pm

These are the trusty old Fischer Outtabounds Crown skis in the 179cm length. They have metal edges and a negative fish scale pattern (less kick, but more glide). The sidecut is 88mm, 68mm, 78mm. These would be good for someone who wants to xc ski in the backcountry on firm snow or soft snow over a firm base, especially when a little bit of low angle downhill telemark might be involved.

These have similar flex and geometry to the modern Fischer Excursion 88, but they don’t have the same fish scales or insert for skins.

These would be ideal for a roughly medium-sized man. They might have too much camber for someone who is really light, and they might be too short for someone on the heavier side.

One of the rivets on the binding has been replaced with a little screw/socket thing. It’s worked for me for a couple of seasons without issue. I tried to include pictures that reveal the condition of the skis, but this forum won’t load some of them. Bases are pretty good; maybe I can try messaging a picture of them if you are interested.

$40 OBO

If the timing is right, I can meet anywhere between the Rifle area to Summit County, or even Buena Vista/Fairplay.
06D314B5-A0F5-46F4-B737-3DC91F22B79B.jpeg
82F519B3-3983-44D9-A8FA-88E078D371CB.jpeg
Last edited by Bavarian Cream on Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can never have enough skis and boots.