FS "Boreal" Trailblazer skis, 130CM waxless fatties

Want to sell some telemark and backcountry ski gear? Looking to buy or to trade? For years now this has been the best place on the web for telemark and backcountry skiers looking to buy or sell previously owned gear. Private party, used gear posts only, please.
raisin'heel

FS "Boreal" Trailblazer skis, 130CM waxless fatties

Post by raisin'heel » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:30 pm

The discontinued L.L.Bean / Rossignol "Boreal" ski just didn't make it as a "siding snowshoe"....because it is an awesome ski and not a snowshoe at all. Mounted with 3-pin or lite cable bindings, these skis are super responsive and will negotiate the tightest lines in soft snow with supportive boots like the Scott Excursion / Scarpa T4 or possibly somewhat lighter cuffed boots. If you ever were tempted to try some hiking trail that seemed a bit narrow for full sized skis, these can be a lot of fun in many situations. I have two extra pairs available, one with Voile 3-pin cable bindings, lightly used $275 and one new pair with "Tele norm" inserts installed $175. Here is an interesting discussion on the subject of "sliding snowshoe skis": http://www.easternslopes.com/2011/11/21 ... ment-47230 Also a quote from a recent purchaser of these skis: (Alan T.) "Tried them for the first time yesterday, had a blast. Conditions were about 4 inches of new snow on a foot of firm base. So maneuverable through the tight woods and up and down short drops. I didn’t get around to shortening the cables on the bindings yet, so skied them with just the toe pieces (with Scarpa t4s), but they were fine. Surprised how good they were in kick and glide mode, and climbed better than my Karhu bc skis. I skied with a friend with regular bc skis who is a much better alpine skier than me, and he struggled with downhills I had no problems with. I don’t know why this type of ski is not more popular, anyone would benefit from them outside of set tracks."

Munsi
Ski style: Regular
Favorite Skis: Long skis truck
Favorite boots: Asolo Doubles

Re: FS "Boreal" Trailblazer skis, 130CM waxless fatties

Post by Munsi » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:22 pm

Did these sell? I have three pairs for my two boys and myself. I mount Rottefella Chilli on them and we all ski Skarpa T2s. It's the perfect setup for almost all snow conditions. They get squirrly on hardpack. We call them the bushwhackers and use them all the time. My profile picture is a couple of Christmas ago up at Mt Bohemia - the resort hadn't opened so we booted up and skied down on our Boreals -