FS: Rab Neo Alpine Jacket, size Large, color "Ink" (Blue)

Want to sell some telemark and backcountry ski gear? Looking to buy or to trade? For years now this has been the best place on the web for telemark and backcountry skiers looking to buy or sell previously owned gear. Private party, used gear posts only, please.
johnybinwv

FS: Rab Neo Alpine Jacket, size Large, color "Ink" (Blue)

Post by johnybinwv » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:41 pm

I bought this coat on Geartrade, and it was in new without tags condition. $400 retail and not available online or even pro-dealed for cheaper than $300. It is too large for me. I am 5'11" 175 lbs with 40" chest and 34" sleeves. This coat would fit better on someone about twenty pounds heavier and a bit taller/broader/bigger than me. Thus it seems like it is true to size to Rab's sizing chart, which recommends a 43" chest and 35" sleeve length.

This is a beautiful coat and I will probably end up buying the medium. The jacket is overall pretty light, but the fabric is quite robust and has a nice stretch to it that should facilitate climbing, skiing, and hiking and scrambling movements. I bought this coat because I was looking for a shell with excellent breathability that still retained good weather/water protection. This jacket looks like it will do this nicely.

Below is Rab's product blurb, and you can find other descriptions of this coat on Backcountry and on Rab's website.

I will ship for free to the U.S. via USPS flat rate.

"The Neo Alpine Jacket is a minimalist waterproof climbing jacket designed with stretch Polartec® NeoShell® fabric to offer high levels of dynamic movement when in the mountains.
A true climbers piece, the Neo Alpine Jacket is an essential piece of kit for winter climbing or when tackling projects in unpredictable climates. Technical features include a helmet compatible hood with wired peak, napoleon chest pockets for ease of use when wearing a harness, and fully waterproof YKK® VISLON® zips throughout. Anti-snag Velcro adjustable cuffs provide further protection from the elements.
The Polartec® NeoShell® fabric offers 10,000mm hydrostatic head and the stretch nature of the fabric gives the Neo Alpine Jacket a unique feel compared with traditional waterproof jackets."

Here is a link to pictures of the coat:
http://postimg.org/gallery/2o7wqlhyy/b2d808b3/