Mont Logan, Chic-Chocs (Easter 2016)

Get psyched before your own next trip... fire your imagination and expand your horizons while discovering new telemark and backcountry skiing destinations from around the world. Our Trip Report Archive is packed with inspiring and informative words, photos and video, it’s a wonderful resource made possible by the contributions of thousands of enthusiastic members of our community. Come on in and get your stoke on…
fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Re: Mont Logan, Chic-Chocs (Easter 2016)

Post by fisheater » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Really cool trip, thanks for sharing. It seems as though you may have missed one luxury from the ski-do delivery service, Perhaps a bundle of firewood would be nice? How do you keep the beer from freezing? Other than drinking fast :lol:
No huts in this part of the country, forgive my ignorance. Thank you again for sharing. The Chic Chocs are a long way east of here, I do not see much about them. I am not the only one whom would like to know more about them, Wikipedia is also requesting information about the Chic Chocs are their page, they appear to be a well kept Quebecois secret.

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:39 pm

fisheater wrote:Really cool trip, thanks for sharing. It seems as though you may have missed one luxury from the ski-do delivery service, Perhaps a bundle of firewood would be nice? How do you keep the beer from freezing? Other than drinking fast :lol:
No huts in this part of the country, forgive my ignorance. Thank you again for sharing. The Chic Chocs are a long way east of here, I do not see much about them. I am not the only one whom would like to know more about them, Wikipedia is also requesting information about the Chic Chocs are their page, they appear to be a well kept Quebecois secret.
Fisherman,

Wood is stocked in all huts here. I can't see it being any other way. They bring it in over summer.

If your want to read up about Québec, you'd be best to learn french (yikes) or at least use google translate over most websites (PS: I'm one of the lucky "few" bilinguals in QC that does not need to learn english to read up on say Yosemite or the Adirondacks).

Here is a good place to get the "official" info on the most travelled area of the Chic Chocs:
http://www.sepaq.com/pq/gas/index.dot?language_id=1
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:15 pm

found some good pics of Mt. Groulx area! sound amazing, 14 hours from here.

>>>Nearby Manicouagan Reservoir fills one of the largest meteorite craters on earth.

http://photos.rabaska.qc.ca/index.php/s ... x_2008_057

http://altitude-blog.com/ou-aller-au-qu ... daventure/
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)