Up north again- Trondelag Norway, lil bit of bordering Jamtland, Sweden

Get psyched before your own next trip... fire your imagination and expand your horizons while discovering new telemark and backcountry skiing destinations from around the world. Our Trip Report Archive is packed with inspiring and informative words, photos and video, it’s a wonderful resource made possible by the contributions of thousands of enthusiastic members of our community. Come on in and get your stoke on…
randoskier
Ski style: awkward
Favorite Skis: snow skis
Favorite boots: go-go

Up north again- Trondelag Norway, lil bit of bordering Jamtland, Sweden

Post by randoskier » Fri May 04, 2018 3:05 pm

A great first leg in Trondelag (14 days from 6 April).)- a lot of sun (dead rare in Norway) great snow, and then second leg further north in the arctic- not so hot..actually too hot..this year there was more snow in mid-Norway and the south than up north and in late April it just collapsed in the north (even though we took a train to Abisko Sweden, snow was still rotten and thin- continued anyway)
g4s.jpg
DSC00141.jpg
DSC00070.jpg
d1s.jpg

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Re: Up north again- Trondelag Norway, lil bit of bordering Jamtland, Sweden

Post by fisheater » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:03 pm

Randoskier, it is absolutely an enchanting place. To go once would be to have it beckon strongly. Bad snow makes for tiring skiing. Hopefully you were able to make adjustments to your route. With good snow I would like to adjust my route up that mountain in the background. I imagine even a guy from the northern Midwest could find a couple of fun, and safe routes down.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Up north again- Trondelag Norway, lil bit of bordering Jamtland, Sweden

Post by Woodserson » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:55 am

Randoskier- I would love it if you put together a thread with pictures of how you gear up for this trip. Skis, bindings, boots, poles, back-up equipment, clothing, camping stuff, the pulk, etc etc. Also, how your wife is equipped too and what she likes. Just a thought! It would be super-informative.