Old S Bound series

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Re: Old S Bound series

Post by bgregoire » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:47 pm

All this talk of whips! I'm so excited to receive my Boundless WAX!!!!!
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:09 pm

[video][/video]

You knew it was comin'...

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:27 am

Probably go with wax today as the temp is @32o....there are places where whips rule and other places where it's total wide open hardwood ridges of rounded slopes with deep powder....Yesterday on Little Mountain....3-6 inches of crust and one inch of powder in the year of no snow.....See about two more inches so will decide up at Snowshoe Donnys what we will do but will be up in the Highlands with a bit more, I'd guess....Could be some of the best of the year....Heavy mashed potatoes on breakable crust....Yeah.....Mike, might head toward the Western Adirondacks if Telerock opens his "camp" out there....Mostly ponds small lakes.....with @ a hundred - 150 foot ridges and beaver clearings for skiing down....Will see....TM

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:24 pm

Got my Boundless WAX in the mail today! Just thought I'd chip in and say I was kinda surprised they really only have alpine camber. You can squeeze 'em shut with just two finger (perhaps as much camber or a just a tad less than the Madshus Annum, as I only have the 175 to compare with). Curious as to how these will behave with wax on the approach! Its going to seriously dump here 2morrow so i'm looking forward to the S.
Last edited by bgregoire on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

paul kalac

Post by paul kalac » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:58 am

bgregoire wrote:Got my Boundless WAX in the mail today! Just thought I'd chip in and say I was kinda surprised they really only have alpine camber. You can squeeze 'em shut with just two finger. Curious as to how these will behave with wax on the approach! Its going to seriously dump here 2morrow so i'm looking forward to the S.

Wow, where did you find a pair of Boundless wax by the way? You are sooooo lucky!

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:36 am

paul kalac wrote: Wow, where did you find a pair of Boundless wax by the way? You are sooooo lucky!
I realize I'm very lucky, but they did not completly fall out of the sky. I posted a WTB add here and a silent but friendly visitor responded! Shipped USA to Canada in as little as a week. ;)

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:02 am

>>>This S-Bound model with its alpine camber is prepared to handle the most aggressive terrain. It's fully loaded with backcountry technology for maximum control, maneuverability and climbing ease. The wide platform gives plenty of float while increased sidecuts make for effortless turning.

http://gearx.com/fischer-boundless-crown-bc-ski
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:54 am

We used those quite a bit last year...Teleking and Telekid when there was chest deep powder and that required float...Find it funny, "the greatest snow on earth".....we HAD 13 straight weeks of lite powder, deep lite powder, exploding powder, snorkel powder, oh yeah it was a contrast to this year....Still there are a few areas where the skiing isn't all that bad....Probably head to the highlands and see what's what....Not knowing....TM

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:09 am

Teleman wrote:Probably head to the highlands and see what's what....Not knowing....TM
If you don't go, you don't know. I hope you found something good Tman.

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:53 am

As usual LA headed out and the car drove me to Little Mountain not the Highlands....Was on bones and they skied well....Little width helped as there is @3 inches of nice skiable stuff on top of crushable crust.....Run them flat and the skiing is good especially the dips which are easy to lift off and turn....TM