Pictures, pictures and pictures!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: Pictures, pictures and pictures!

Post by lowangle al » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 am

They are pretty cool looking skis. No metal edges is probably why they never showed up on the radar here. For most xcd skiing you probably don't need them anyway.

BTW it looks like you have the bindings on the wrong skis, the dogs left ear should be on the right ski.

GLB

Post by GLB » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:59 pm

New snow today, first tracks are mine :D
IMG_0666.JPG
IMG_0663.JPG
IMG_0661.JPG
IMG_0660.JPG

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:13 pm

CORNY 8's! Git it while its good boys! (GLB is obviously getting his! nice shots!)
2017-03-29 18.11.07.jpeg

STG

Post by STG » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:35 pm

lowangle al:

You are right/observant-the graphics are not lined up on the skis! I never thought about it and am feeling foolish. I should learn to mount my own equipment. Obviously the guy in the ski shop was not paying attention either, but he was getting paid to mount the skis correctly. If you want something done right, do it yourself.

GLB:

Nice pow turns! Are your skis the Madshus Epoch? I had those skis but I did not like the fishscales because I felt drag on the downhill. But it could be all in my head? I wish Madshus would make a waxable Epoch. The Asnes Kongsvold are similar to the Epoch in dimensions and in the way they ski.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:18 pm

STG that should be a quick fix since you won't have to redrill.

GLB

Post by GLB » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:51 pm

GLB:
Nice pow turns! Are your skis the Madshus Epoch? I had those skis but I did not like the fishscales because I felt drag on the downhill. But it could be all in my head? I wish Madshus would make a waxable Epoch. The Asnes Kongsvold are similar to the Epoch in dimensions and in the way they ski.

Thanks, it's been a good season for me. They are the Epochs and that has been the Ski for me this year. I had the Annums out today on that same slope but I couldn't crank them around like I could the Epochs. Both are 185s, maybe a Annum in 175 would be better. However I like the Epoch size with leathers and feel comfortable with that set up. The fish scales don't bother me at all and they climb very well in the right conditions.

STG

Post by STG » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:23 pm

lowangle al:

If the graphics screw-up doesn't impact the performance of the skis, I probably won't remount them. As I understand, there is no left and right ski, but there is a left and right three-pin HD Voile binding. Correct me if I am wrong. I don't really trust the pricey local shop to not make another mistake. I have gotten better service and results ordering skis online especially ORS (Vermont) and Neptune Mountaineering (Colorado).

DLB:

I had the Madshus Guide (Annum). I thought it was a great powder ski and I felt like I could take it anywhere (steep or low-angle). For me, the soft, even flex was what I liked for parallel turns, but I preferred the Epoch for telemark turns.

GLB

Post by GLB » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:41 pm

STG wrote:lowangle al:

If the graphics screw-up doesn't impact the performance of the skis, I probably won't remount them. As I understand, there is no left and right ski, but there is a left and right three-pin HD Voile binding. Correct me if I am wrong. I don't really trust the pricey local shop to not make another mistake. I have gotten better service and results ordering skis online especially ORS (Vermont) and Neptune Mountaineering (Colorado).

DLB:

I had the Madshus Guide (Annum). I thought it was a great powder ski and I felt like I could take it anywhere (steep or low-angle). For me, the soft, even flex was what I liked for parallel turns, but I preferred the Epoch for telemark turns.
I love the float of the Annums and when it's deep and I need to keep my speed up on the less steep slopes it works well. When it's choppy/refrozen underneath with 3" of fresh on top like today I can crank the Epochs around better in a Tele.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:07 pm

Continuing my traditions of landing on my face as on page 28 and 30...

This one was actually a pretty good whumper
IMG_6288 copy.jpg

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:48 pm

Woods,
You just proved my theory. The weight of the helmet throws the body's rotating equilibrium off and you end up on your face. The funny thing is it does not effect my rotating equilibrium when I wear a helmet when riding my bike.
I'm not taking any chances, I'm not pretty as it is. Thanks for you public service! :lol: