2017 WoodenSki dot com inventory is up

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

2017 WoodenSki dot com inventory is up

Post by Woodserson » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:09 pm

Get 'em while it's hot!

http://woodenskis.com/inventory.htm

Woodserson

Re: 2017 WoodenSki dot com inventory is up

Post by Woodserson » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:43 pm

THE GOODS:

These BEAUTIFUL Asnes Tour Model showed up today, 210cm to compliment my Madshus Touring (far right-- the middle ski are also Asnes, fit in tracks, skinnier, fast as snot). They look like they've been skied, maybe, once. Incredible value!
2017-12-05 17.38.49.jpg
2017-12-05 17.38.17.jpg
2017-12-05 17.37.53.jpg

Coolwhip

Post by Coolwhip » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Nice skis! Love that woodenskis.com site too. My parents have some skis they bought by mail order sometime in the late 60's, maybe very early 70's, like the Madshus on the right. They originally had Røyken forward-throw bindings.

I just picked up a pair of Åsnes skis like the ones on the left at a thrift shop a few weeks ago for $10. They absolutely look like hell next to yours, but I've been using them and like them a lot. Maybe they'll look better without the duct tape residue...

Woodserson

Post by Woodserson » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:23 pm

Coolwhip wrote:Nice skis! Love that woodenskis.com site too. My parents have some skis they bought by mail order sometime in the late 60's, maybe very early 70's, like the Madshus on the right. They originally had Røyken forward-throw bindings.

I just picked up a pair of Åsnes skis like the ones on the left at a thrift shop a few weeks ago for $10. They absolutely look like hell next to yours, but I've been using them and like them a lot. Maybe they'll look better without the duct tape residue...
DUDE coolest avatar! Hope you don't need to use it on your Asnes!

Coolwhip

Post by Coolwhip » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Woodserson wrote:Hope you don't need to use it on your Asnes!
I have a couple that are fortunately unused. :)
Ski_stuff_01.jpg
A picture that shows my new skis are in fact really ugly (and that a tidy workbench is a foreign concept for me).
Asnes_01.jpg
They look better in snow.
Asnes_02.jpg
Another vintage folly acquired this fall. Harvey E. Dodds skis from the 40's - interesting how the cable has several positions for touring/downhill. Don't think I'd pick these over my 7tm's, but they look like they'd work. Despite the weathering, there's no cracks, and even the bases are pretty good.
Harvey_Dodds.jpg
Also still have the old Røyken bindings which were removed and replaced by 3-pins in the 70's:
Royken_01.jpg
I'll have to think of some questions for the forum, now that I've posted. Like which is the right pronunciation: az-nees or ohz-nees? :lol: (I'd thought the former, but an old Norwegian caught me off guard with the ohz-nees. Really? That's like 40 years I've been saying it wrong.)

Woodserson

Post by Woodserson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:34 am

Coolwhip wrote: I'll have to think of some questions for the forum, now that I've posted. Like which is the right pronunciation: az-nees or ohz-nees? :lol: (I'd thought the former, but an old Norwegian caught me off guard with the ohz-nees. Really? That's like 40 years I've been saying it wrong.)
OHZ-nes. Time to make up for lost time

I think your OHZnes skis look great man! I had the same bail bindings on mine from woodenskis.com also. Nifty!

Woodserson

Post by Woodserson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:43 am

See this video at :12 seconds for pronunciation.

Woodserson

Post by Woodserson » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:43 pm

WOoooooo! My wife STILL does not enjoy the delicate smell of flaming pine tar as it wafts through the house! What is wrong with her? Advice?

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:14 am

Woodserson wrote:WOoooooo! My wife STILL does not enjoy the delicate smell of flaming pine tar as it wafts through the house! What is wrong with her? Advice?
Does she ski? I didn't know you were married. I don't remember ever seeing her in a TR. You're always getting new skis, I never hear about her new skis and now you are going to Europe without her. Maybe your next wife will like the smell of pine tar ;) ;)

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Woods, try to mix the tar pine ritual with something else... I found out that the delicate smell of boiling tar mixes really well with Cognac and Bourbon... Grand Marnier too... Chocolate cake perhaps? Try to make the whole thing a romantic ritual... 8-)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."