ski with the other ones

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
t-$

ski with the other ones

Post by t-$ » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:48 pm

gotta tell you guys....

it's way more fun skiing with your girl than it is skiing by yourself. most of the time anyway

i love getting out and having some alone time, but being able to have the girl along with me for the last couple of weeks has really been a trip. it helps that she is uber talented and the toughest girl i have ever been with. we had done the snowboarding the alps together which, of course, was amazing and great memories. and in all honesty she is a better boarder than me. but hitting the backyard with her - small trails, amazing snow, great little downhills - was a thing of pure beauty. she lives in a sub-tropical part of the world now and so for her to have a taste of real winter fun again was a blessing. best of all is she can't wait to get back and do it again!

since i have been practicing and learning i tried to get her to the best adrenaline-rush hills within easy skiing so we could hit em together. god we had fun! she was even up to hit a new-to-her hill without a head-lamp and was whoopping it up the whole way down. i knew i loved her before, but man that was great....by the end of her first real day on any incline she was bending the knees and rocking it smoothly down. the smile at the end is something i will never forget and can't wait to see again. next winter it will have to be :(

until then, i implore you guys (and gals) to get out there with your significant other. if you have been down this road and they hate it and skiing is your thing only, then please disregard and revel in calling me an asshole! happy trails ya'll...

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Re: ski with the other ones

Post by Telerock » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:08 am

Agrred...
But, and this is from personal experience, start on the bunny slopes, and end before they get tired. Don’t upgrade to steeper slopes too fast, even if they are doing well. One rough oversteep run at the end of the day, and they may not want to try again for years.
Tele- [dumb-a$$]-rock

teleclub

Post by teleclub » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:30 pm

And when they fall late in the day on that shady icy cat-track and are tempted to think skiing is no fun, be able to pull a thermos of hot chocolate or mocha soon as you help them up. A steaming cup of chocolate fixes a lot of things.

Agree that skiing with a gf who loves it is one of the best things there is.

Lars

Post by Lars » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:24 am

I agree with the sentiment overall, but let’s not forget that there are plenty of women who can ski their partners under the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teleclub

Post by teleclub » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:46 am

Lars wrote:I agree with the sentiment overall, but let’s not forget that there are plenty of women who can ski their partners under the table...
+1 That's the best, when you're just trying to keep up.

My gf said to me (years ago) "I always wanted to ski, can you teach me?"

That's a can of worms too. :?

t-$

Post by t-$ » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:34 am

ha! yeah, that's the truth. my girlfriend can definitely board better than me, and after seeing her on ski's for the first time i realize that with even only a little more practice she will probably be at my level or above. which is great! females tend to be better at most things, i find.

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:27 pm

women tend to be better at most things? Like yoga? Not sure what planet you've been skiing on :lol:
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:11 pm

My wife and I fell in love skiing and hiking together in the hills, mountains, and forests.

We fall in love again, each and every time we ski together.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

t-$

Post by t-$ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:13 am

hahaha, canna, maybe i am on a different planet! :?

but yeah, i think women are better at doing many things than men. or, at least just as good. for sure they are better at having babies. also, generally speaking, organization (and i'm fairly organized). they are also way better at sending thank you cards...i totally suck at that.

maybe i am missing some things?? or maybe i just have good taste in women?

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:27 am

My wife and I have been skiing together for over thirty years and there can be a downside. I've been blamed for bad weather, bad conditions, most of her falls have been my falt and we usually get a late start.