2017 WoodenSki dot com inventory is up

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Coolwhip

Re: 2017 WoodenSki dot com inventory is up

Post by Coolwhip » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:46 am

Johnny wrote:You know you're talking to real experts when they talk about ski width in inches... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's a quirky book. Check out the phone numbers...
Ski-Touring-equip.jpg

Coolwhip

Post by Coolwhip » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:50 am

lowangle al wrote:...after 40 years I now know what lignostone is.
Some of my skis have these bubble things and I had no idea they were once called "heel poppers":
REI_catalog.jpg

Chisana
Ski style: Sliding on snow
Favorite Skis: EMS Woodies
Favorite boots: Merrell ultras

Post by Chisana » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:10 am

Those asnes are beautiful. Saw them on the website and almost sprung for them but didn't. Jealous, but glad they are being used and appreciated. My old trysilknut tourers were pretty haggard after 40 alaskan winters so last winter bought a pair of ems model 2000 off woodenskis. I believe they are 55-45-55 . They arrived in excellent condition and are my go to ski. Nothing like skiing on wood. Greg was unsure of the manufacturer, thought either asnes or madshu. Either way great ski and if you ain't got wood you get on the woodenskiwebsite and get you some of that.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:46 am

Chisana wrote:Those asnes are beautiful. Saw them on the website and almost sprung for them but didn't. Jealous, but glad they are being used and appreciated. My old trysilknut tourers were pretty haggard after 40 alaskan winters so last winter bought a pair of ems model 2000 off woodenskis. I believe they are 55-45-55 . They arrived in excellent condition and are my go to ski. Nothing like skiing on wood. Greg was unsure of the manufacturer, thought either asnes or madshu. Either way great ski and if you ain't got wood you get on the woodenskiwebsite and get you some of that.
Asnes made a lot of skis for the American market under different names for "authenticity" (marketing). For example, the Holmenkollens in the middle of this picture are made for EMS (EMS logo on the tail) and are actually Asnes Tur-Langrenn with different graphics. Notice that difference in the stylized "A" on the shovel, but I assure you, it's the same company.
2017-12-05%2017.38.49.jpg

Chisana

Post by Chisana » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:41 am

Woodserson, Had a look at the old trysilknuts and they had the "a" on the shovel as well. Had a look at gregs site and it stated they were made by asnes as well. Kind of a different woodie, flat camber and no lignistone edges, but jeez I skied those things for a long time and still do. The ems do not have the "a" on the shovel so they may be madshus. Would be nice to know, but either way they are a fast ,light ski with great wax retention and I couldnt be happier with them. Just wish we could get more snow here in the banana belt of alaska

Chisana

Post by Chisana » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:54 pm

2018 woodenski.com is up and running. Jeez, how many skis does a guy need.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:23 pm

Chisana wrote:2018 woodenski.com is up and running. Jeez, how many skis does a guy need.
AS MANY AS YOU CAN FIT INTO YOUR HOUSE, obviously.